Cranefly in toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com
Haha a new year but i am still taking photo in the toilet :sweat:

Anyway spotted cranefly in my toilet again.. this time they are hanging around on a cloth peg. So here we go again, more macro in the toilet.

Pardon the processing... as the surrounding in the toilet is a bit boring so i did some pp in hope to make it look more interesting...
And sorry for the chopped legs as the peg is under a shelf and i also can't get a parallel angle :(

#1 Mr Cranefly on a peg, i guess this is a male?

3202402845_5b1069aec1_o.jpg

#2 Because after that it flew over to another cranefly~

3203275772_d7ce45f677_o.jpg

wow! very nice close-up. Sharp and nice colors. Too bad, i dont stay long enough in the toilet to know that they exist.

good work!

wow! very nice close-up. Sharp and nice colors. Too bad, i dont stay long enough in the toilet to know that they exist.

good work!

haha thanks! I don't think they appear in all toilets, they only recently appeared in my toilet :think:

Wondering, which macro lens are u using and how close u need to be to them to get such magnification ? Care to share ? :)

What do they feed on?
Hmmm not too sure about that, but according to wiki "Adult crane flies feed on nectar or they do not feed at all; once they become adults, most crane fly species live only to mate and die" what a life... :dunno:

Wondering, which macro lens are u using and how close u need to be to them to get such magnification ? Care to share ? :)

I am using Tamron 90mm + Raynox DCR-250 closeup. Working distance is very short around 4 inches only.

Status
Not open for further replies.