Cracked D60 LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitaf123

Jan 2, 2009
Hey if my D60 LCD has this 2cm crack, where do you think I could send it to for service/change of LCD? Any recommendations on what I could do?

ilyas

Jul 24, 2006
simplest is to send your camera to Nikon Servicing Center. not sure on cost tho.

jtchoy

Oct 2, 2008
Ouch...

Send it to NSC for repair... Going to cost you quite a bit though...

nitaf123

Jan 2, 2009
Oh man. Actually right, I'm not too sure if its a crack or a scratch. But its like 2-3cm long. How can you tell the difference? Will it cost like 100 plus or smthg? Gotta wait till Monday then.

huggable

Nov 2, 2004
East side
What happened, did you dropped your camera?

Is the display affected in any way? It could just be a deep scratch.

nitaf123

Jan 2, 2009
I didn't drop it. When I took it out from the camera bag, and hung it around my neck and walked for a while, and then, I realised it was either scratched/cracked. It appears to be like a scratch, maybe a deep scratch. But what could I probably do to get rid of it? Change the entire LCD?

Mirez

Dec 1, 2008
London
vivalamirez.blogspot.com
If the scratch/crack doesnt bother you much..

& You wana save up for other upgrades

Get urself a screen protector

Or maybe

then a hard plastic protector ;)

jtchoy

Oct 2, 2008
Maybe its just a scratch. If so, I believe they can just change the glass. I heard that it cost $20 to change the glass for canon, not sure about nikon, but should be around there...

If its LCD, then its going to be costly. Yes, at least $100 I believe...

nitaf123

Jan 2, 2009
Pardon me for I'm still a "noob" at all these things. But, the LCD and the glass? there's a difference? Like. A first layer thing or what? And the scratch/crack is more like visible only under a certain reflection. But will the scratch/crack continue to scratch/crack? Like the mountains? HAHA. For once it is cracked, it will continue cracking. Get my drift? Man, I'm just thinking too much. :D

jtchoy

Oct 2, 2008
Pardon me for I'm still a "noob" at all these things. But, the LCD and the glass? there's a difference? Like. A first layer thing or what? And the scratch/crack is more like visible only under a certain reflection. But will the scratch/crack continue to scratch/crack? Like the mountains? HAHA. For once it is cracked, it will continue cracking. Get my drift? Man, I'm just thinking too much. :D
I think the first layer is just glass, the one you can touch. Below that is the actual LCD... I could be wrong though...

If it can only be seen from an angle, then maybe its just a scratch... :)

Don't think it will crack some more la... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.