Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U-KnOwHo

03020026a.jpg

03020050a.jpg

03020051a.jpg

03020018a.jpg

Took them while in Pangkor. Any comments?

I love the 2nd close-up pic of the crab!!!

The composition for the 3rd pic is great but I feel it is let down by the lens flare and slgihtly out-of-focussed crab.

I agree (wrt to mpenza's comment). Was chasing after dragonflies when I noticed the crab. Wish I could get the crab to pose for me ... :p Did not see the flare until I upload the pic though. :(

Nice pictures!

A tighter crop for the 1st pic might make it look better.

For the 3rd picture, I would prefer to put the crab on the top left hand corner so the whole casted shadow would appear in the center of the picture.

Hi U-KnOwHo,

I like the second picture too! Having taken some crabs shots myself, I know the difficulties involved in shooting them (they will run and hide at the slightest hint of movements). How did you get such a close up shot of the crab? Were you using macro lens/filter/tube?

Originally posted by rty

A tighter crop for the 1st pic might make it look better.

Thats true.

Originally posted by rty

For the 3rd picture, I would prefer to put the crab on the top left hand corner so the whole casted shadow would appear in the center of the picture.

Never thought of that though. Maybe I can find more crabs when I go to Bintan next week. :p Thanks for the "tips" :gbounce:

Originally posted by ziploc
How did you get such a close up shot of the crab? Were you using macro lens/filter/tube?

Luck I guess. The crab was just in a depression when I noticed it. Seems like it is stucked there hoping that I would not notice it. LOL. I did not use an extra lens, filter or tube. Just the built-in camera macro functionality.

Really nice, I like the 2nd pic.

3rd pic looks like the crab is wondering to somewhere, maybe his home?

Maybe u can name the topic "Adventure of Crab YouNameIt" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.