CR2 files for 450d and 500d different??

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
Urgent! I used to own 450d and didnt have prob opening raw files, but this is my first time editing photos after switching to 500d and CS3 prompted me cannot open the doc coz it's not the right doc! How come like that har? I mean im using the same memo card..just that i changed body...y got this prob? anyone? Quite urgent leh....sigh

Sir, I am talk about update. Adobe update.

I used to have this problem with i try viewing D700 pic on my CS3.

When i update the Abode Cs3. i can view the picture.

regards

hmmmm. i got a great laugh..

ok. try this . open your cs3
at menu bar. ->Help
go to ->Updates.

hope this help.

No. An update will *not* help. You need a newer ACR (adobe camera raw) that supports the 500D raw files, however that newer ACR is only available for CS4.

What you can do is download the DNG converter (free) from the Adobe site and convert your raw files to DNG format first, then open them in CS4.

wow. tat news to me. sorry for the wrong inform

hmmmm. i got a great laugh..

ok. try this . open your cs3
at menu bar. ->Help
go to ->Updates.

hope this help.

No. An update will *not* help. You need a newer ACR (adobe camera raw) that supports the 500D raw files, however that newer ACR is only available for CS4.

What you can do is download the DNG converter (free) from the Adobe site and convert your raw files to DNG format first, then open them in CS4.

thx for yr help...so meaning i convert raw to dng and then to jpeg?? cant convert raw straight to jpeg?

thx for yr help...so meaning i convert raw to dng and then to jpeg?? cant convert raw straight to jpeg?

Not in CS3. If you want a straight to JPEG conversion, use the software that came with your camera or upgrade to CS4.

If you want to convert RAW to jpg directly, you can use Canon DPP. Or just shoot in JPEG :p I assume the reason why you want to shoot in RAW is for more control... In that case converting it to JPEG and opening the JPEG in Photoshop is not very useful compared to converting to DNG then opening that in Photoshop.

Basically CS4 can handle the 500D raw files in the same way that your CS3 could handle your 450D raw.

If you want to convert RAW to jpg directly, you can use Canon DPP. Or just shoot in JPEG :p I assume the reason why you want to shoot in RAW is for more control... In that case converting it to JPEG and opening the JPEG in Photoshop is not very useful compared to converting to DNG then opening that in Photoshop.

Basically CS4 can handle the 500D raw files in the same way that your CS3 could handle your 450D raw.

hi sabee..got it. will try to get cs4 then.