CPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
hi guys, read that circular polarizer can enhance the blue sky, increase contrast, remove reflection of water etc etc....

so would like to get one for my 18-105 nikon kit lens, is a tokina good enough? or really need to buy those hoya or B/W filter? can really see the difference between these filter?

thanks thanks

personally i will advise to use a Cokin system as the user have more freedom to stack other filters like ND.

personally i will advise to use a Cokin system as the user have more freedom to stack other filters like ND.

cokin system? what is that?

means attach cokin system, then attach CPL?

the Cokin system is mainly using a adapter mounted on the barrel and by doing so let one have the freedom to use different filters(CPL or ND) all in one.

i personally used both Tokina and Hoya CPL... the difference is there...

1. Tokina Thicker (you'll get vignetting on that lens wide open if you stack)
2. Tokina Darker (is almost 3 stop slower vs Hoya 2 stop slower, i used as ND filter sometimes)

about setting up... i sometimes prefer Tokina because the effect is stronger a bit... therefore easier to turn into the position i like...

for Cokin and other holder type CPL, i personally not suggesting others to buy unless you need to buy GND as well... else it's a bit of wasting money for the holder and ring which you only use for the CPL...

Individual preference, but i have never gotten a sproket mount polariser for cokin system cause it means i gotta mount the cokin system everytime i want the polariser ..

Else can hand hold ur GNDs/NDs when stacking up against polariser if necessary .

Some polarisers have front mounting threads allowing u to fix a Cokin adapter system as well.

Ryan

thanks for the replies guy, so CPL can only be used on bright sunny days rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.