Cpl filtes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eujiin

May 9, 2007
Hi all, do you guys who uses cpl filter place in onto of the UV filters or just the cpl itself?

It's not necessary unless you're using an ultra wide angle lens and causing severe vignetting due to the stacked filters. Otherwise, it's really up to you, but just note that stacking filters tends to increase flaring, and some might say, a loss of image quality.

Try not to put unnecessary glass infront of the lens.
Some time back i tried to get an NC filter for each of my lenses. Now I dun even use them anymore.

Ryan

It really depends on what you are taking. For me, I use CPL when I want to take pics thru the water or when I aim at the sun.

It really depends on what you are taking. For me, I use CPL when I want to take pics thru the water or when I aim at the sun.

Just so you know, the polarisation effect is the most minimal when your image plane is facing the sun. Using a CPL when you are facing the sun is rather pointless.

1) it's pointless to use UV and CPL together. it's going to cause internal flare which will degrade your IQ.

2) if you die die have to stack them, then CPL will be the outer most filter.

3) for CPL to perform at it's best, the sun will have to be abt 90degree off your subject.

All right, thanks all who replyed.

The very first time I used the CPL, it was placed on top of a UV filter. Then I experienced vignetting when i shot at 18mm of my 18-200mm lens. Therefore, it is better to use the CPL alone without other filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.