CPL filter coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilduckling

Jan 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
I just bought a CPL filter for my sony h7 and when i look at the filter, it is not smooth. seems like there is an uneven coating especially on the outward facing surface. Is it supposed to be like that? :dunno:

Wat brand?? :dunno:

Well... i dun think it should be the case...

Can you post a picture of how the uneveness looks like?

Did you compare a few sets before deciding on getting this piece? Maybe, you can go to Sony and ask to see another piece to confirm if it's the quality issue. If it really is the quality issue, I believe that you can do a 1 to 1 exchange with the receipt.

Hi, just got back from holiday! Thanks for the replies. ;)

I didn't compare, thought should be no problem. I'll try to take picture.

Hi lilduckling

I had the same query early on when i bought my first B+W pol filter. My Nikon CPL II does not have such a wavy mottled surface on close examination.

Schneider explained it to be a reflected artifact off their polarizing foils that the human eye sees, and it is not transmitted thru the filter into the image. The exact physics i dunno. But if you pay attention and scrutinize all the B+W pol filters u can find from the shop, they have the same configuration.

But it works like a charm. So dun worry! Start using it!

Ryan

:D

Thanks! I _was_ worrying a bit because it costs $149. But, to tell the truth, I'm enjoying photography so much that I almost regret not saving up a bit more and buying a DSLR right off the bat. Such an expensive hobby. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.