Cpf - screw in vs slide in?

kodakero12

Dec 1, 2009
Hi, those with slide in filters like cokin and lee, do u prefer a screw in CPF or a slide in as well? Thanks for reading.

Err.. if u are referring to CPL only,

There's only screw in kind else how u "circulate" :sweat:

if u talking abt GNDs or NDs then its recommendable to get the Slot in kind esp for the former (GNDs) where placement of the dense/clear portion can be more precise and where desired.

Err.. if u are referring to CPL only,

There's only screw in kind else how u "circulate" :sweat:

if u talking abt GNDs or NDs then its recommendable to get the Slot in kind esp for the former (GNDs) where placement of the dense/clear portion can be more precise and where desired.

Got leh, the sprocket type polarisers are slotted into Cokin holders especially the P size. Singh Ray usually offers sprocket mount versions for some of their polariser products.

I prefer the easier common screw on type.

ryan

Last edited:
Got leh, the sprocket type polarisers are slotted into Cokin holders especially the P size. Singh Ray usually offers sprocket mount versions for some of their polariser products.

I prefer the easier common screw on type.

ryan

Arh Ryan, u mean can slot in and circulate it at the same time??

tats sth new to me man.. :sweatsm:

btw i found it here

http://www.singh-ray.com/cokinholder.html

TS, my bad.. There's but still screw in is most preferred by all.. :)

@numnumball - you're using lee filters right? and u prefer the screw in CPL? how often do you attach your LEE filters when your CPL is also attached to your lens? :)

CPF (see thread title) only screw you... no screw in... :bsmilie:

i'm trying to imagine him (NNB) attaching the lee filter holder over the screw-in CPL... I think his answer will be... never.

Actually, once upon a time, when I still had my Cokin filters. I had a Cokin P series CPL too. Once slotted into the holder (there is only 1 spot where this CPL will fit), you can still turn it. It is not bad. But my question is, when you move around and not on a tripod, do you want to keep the filter holder attached? I call both. The cokin I will use when I am doing landscape on a tripod. When on the move, I will use a normal Kenko CPL.

yeah, the cokin holder rotates quite freely on the adapter ring, so it's a viable alternative to the screw-in CPL.
But still I prefer the screw-in ones for walking around.

any lens caps to recommend when I wanna leave the adapter ring on the lens?

Yes, cokin P have a special slot for CPL can be turn easily..

ZerocoolAstra - You may look for Cokin's filter cap (Square in shape) or Adapter cap (Round shape) if you need one.

yeah, the cokin holder rotates quite freely on the adapter ring, so it's a viable alternative to the screw-in CPL.
But still I prefer the screw-in ones for walking around.

any lens caps to recommend when I wanna leave the adapter ring on the lens?

Yes, cokin P have a special slot for CPL can be turn easily..

ZerocoolAstra - You may look for Cokin's filter cap (Square in shape) or Adapter cap (Round shape) if you need one.

Bro, Cokin offer 2 kinds of caps. A square one and a round one. The round one will go on the adapter ring with no holder. The square one will go into one of the slots of the holder.

@numnumball - you're using lee filters right? and u prefer the screw in CPL? how often do you attach your LEE filters when your CPL is also attached to your lens? :)

Negative..

I never stack GNDs with CPL :)

Only NDs with GNDs.

Negative..

I never stack GNDs with CPL :)

Only NDs with GNDs.

I told you I told you! :D

CPF (see thread title) only screw you... no screw in... :bsmilie:

i'm trying to imagine him (NNB) attaching the lee filter holder over the screw-in CPL... I think his answer will be... never.

Very amusing title indeed.

I only have screw-on CPL though.

Very amusing title indeed.

I only have screw-on CPL though.

ya bro. No matter how, you still have to pay your CPF, regardless you getting screwed into doing it, or it slid in with your income unknowingly. :bsmilie: