CPF cut to 33% wef 1 Oct 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A roof over the head is paramount..! We have to tighten our belts!!

Alex

Ya loh, no money to do wedding dinner in hotel, must do in KOPITIAM. No money to take wedding pictures, must take NEO PRINTS..... :cry:

mpenza said:
dunno if it's been mentioned but GST is still going to increase next year....

Tat means our supplies is gonna cost more.........

Yes it's been mentioned.

Next time weddings will be at kopitiams, tell your guests to order any dish + drink, heehee. Cheap alternative, think their ang bao also at most $10.

The day this happens, SBS will be charging $1.5 for a trip minimum. :bsmilie:

Then photographers will have no job liao.......take NEO PRINTS mah...... :confused:

Neoprints also highclass liao will hire real photographers use FF DSLRs sit inside the machines, then snap 16 shots continuous, work on photoshop immediately after snapping then print out for the users :bsmilie:

A lot of work for $4. :bsmilie:

espn said:
Neoprints also highclass liao will hire real photographers use FF DSLRs sit inside the machines, then snap 16 shots continuous, work on photoshop immediately after snapping then print out for the users :bsmilie:

A lot of work for $4. :bsmilie:

Tat's better than they ask the machines to do it. :D imaging everythings going automated, then we all go pull grass and eat........

vince123123 said:
Hmm i dont recall anything being said abt employee contribution being reduced...could u point me to the part?
tks

I should have been more specific... it is the CPF contribution rate of 50-55 years reduced to 18% for employee and 9% for employer if I am not wrong. Just imagining if I were 50-55

wha, after reading all these comments, i've certainly got full from the food-for-thought.. Haa.

Hmm, after so much complaining about how the government is not very nice with the CPF and GST issue, i wonder how many of us here actually knows what the government intentions are? I'm not putting our government in a bad light, but i've read quite a couple of bitter commenting, mostly about survival. But do we know what are the government's plan? For all you know, they might have something bigger planned for us. Maybe all these reductions and increments are a stepping stone for the times to come. Anyohow, our SM is still around, so i guess things wouldn't be so bad. If we have been able to be an independant country from next to nothing, i think this economical crisis should be managable.

So anyhow, i was thinking, one of the comments were pretty, i'd say nerve-wrecking. The one about rising cost of living and still want to have cheap workers. This could probably be one point where contradiction arises.. Hmm, i am not sure of this, so let me ask, when buying houses, does the government include GST?

Hmm, about the government rising GST and other forms of "taxation", i think their intention is to have a ample amount of funds in their reserves. By increasing their disposable income, they can develop better facilities, more amenities, and such. Then it comes back to higher standard of living.. Haa..

And finally on reducing GST, it's to make us all more employable! Less CPF contribution from the companies, higher chance we'll have something to tide us over! albeit it'll affect the "lump sum" that's kept in CPF...

Well, i don't know if anything i've said made sense or not.. But i guess try not to assume things for now.. Let's just walk hand in hand, step by step! w00t!! :D

Cut CPF and save our job? :thumbsd:

Why dont the HDB cut interest by 2% on our housing loan too; cut all MP and Minister pay by 20%; Ask the SM to go fully retired instead of drawing full salary each month; :blah:

The thing that bugs me the most is the 0% withdrawl at 55. So hypothetically if I have 200k in CPF, I won't ever be able to get my hands on any of it except for what the government doles out to me every month...

And the best part is even tho my gross income goes down with reduced CPF, my tax liability goes up because I get less deductability. AAAARGH

That's government. They aren't stupid. They balance things carefully. Whilst one side seems nice for now, there's another force in balance waiting to slam at you till you realise actually it's the same thing.

Then they promote SRS.. then when many people get into the idea of SRS.. they implement rules on SRS.

andylee said:
Ya loh, no money to do wedding dinner in hotel, must do in KOPITIAM. No money to take wedding pictures, must take NEO PRINTS..... :cry:

biglaugh.gif

Ha Ha, nice froogee. :bsmilie:

Got this from voiddeck.org.

HDB, PUB, MOE, WTF?

this is wat i receive in my email just for laff*

In Singapore, living in Highly Dangerous Buildings (HDB), most people have already got used to Paying And Paying (PAP).*

Not only do you pay, you Pay Until Bankrupt (PUB). If that's not enough, somebody still Purposely Wants to Dig (PWD) more from you. So what more can you do when you are in the Money Only Environment (MOE)?*

When you are sick, you might be able to use your Cash Prior to Funeral (CPF) fund, if you happen to be admmited to the Money Operating Hospital (MOH) one time. If you are out of luck, you may meet doctors who Never Use Heart (NUH) to treat you and you will be Sure to Give-up Hope (SGH) ........*

To help ease the traffic, motorist have to pay Cash On Expressway (COE). If that doesnt help, they can always Eternally Raise Prices (ERP) on the roads. If you don't own a car, you can always make a Mad Rush to Train (MRT) or get squashed in a bus, Side By Side (SBS).*

Lastly, under all these pressure, there are not many places we can relax, not even the good old place we used to go because it has become So Expensive and Nothing TO See Actually (SENTOSA).*

At the end of the day, living in Singapore is quite frustrating. Even to the extend of hearing people complianing Now Everyone's Water At Toilet Eventually Recycled (NEWATER).*

You tell me lah, should I be a quitter or stayer?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sammedia said:
Cut CPF and save our job? :thumbsd:

Why dont the HDB cut interest by 2% on our housing loan too; cut all MP and Minister pay by 20%; Ask the SM to go fully retired instead of drawing full salary each month; :blah:

assuming the sm's pay is 100,000 usd/mth (correct me if wrong) and if he retires at 65. now he is 81 years old, singapore would be saving 16x100,000x12x1.8 = S$34,560,000? :think: :think:

Enough political rantings oledi.. please return to photography stuff..

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.