CPF Board paying 8 to 10% interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
reasonable current rate of interest paid? with regards to the nature of our funds with them. special account funds are tied up and cannot be used or withdrawn, thus long, long term in nature. paying 4% only! ordinary account paying 2.5%.

i support ong kian min, mp who brought it up in parliament and challenged CPF to grow savings by 8 to 10%. hurray!!

reasonable current rate of interest paid? with regards to the nature of our funds with them. special account funds are tied up and cannot be used or withdrawn, thus long, long term in nature. paying 4% only! ordinary account paying 2.5%.

i support ong kian min, mp who brought it up in parliament and challenge CPF to grow savings by 8 to 10%. hurray!!

Wayang:think:

if really increase to 8-10%..everybody will start putting cash inside CPF for saving le..

wayang in parliament?

well, there is a reason why our Forex reserve is No. 7th in the world in 2006 :bsmilie:

Where in the world can you find a totally risk free SGD investment returning 4%?

Above 4%?

Stocks = Business/Management Risk and not forgetting Market risk (systemic)
Corporate Bonds = Issuer risks of non-payment and not forgetting Interest rate risk (systemic)
Unit trusts = like stocks, but worse, pay upfront 5% fees, and annual fees of 1-2%
REITS = risks similar to stocks due to management, but no chance of super gains.
Structured products ? = This one risks too complex to discuss...

Below 4%?

If you want something "almost risk free", I would be thinking Singapore Govt Bonds; no risk of default becos they can print money to pay. No interest rate risk if held till maturity and get back full sum.

No free lunch.... Risks versus Rewards. Only CPF Special Account is totally "risk" free 4%. But I may not be able to use it while alive, looks like good for the family people when I die...

i support ong kian min, mp who brought it up in parliament and challenged CPF to grow savings by 8 to 10%. hurray!!

I think it is just a wish list. Will never happen.

but it is forced savings till who knows when. what is the purpose of special account? a place to park funds so that it is available as a cheap source. risk-free? i am not so sure.

Where in the world can you find a totally risk free SGD investment returning 4%?

but it is forced savings till who knows when. what is the purpose of special account? a place to park funds so that it is available as a cheap source. risk-free? i am not so sure.
Risk-free, so far our government quite stable. Relatively, anyways.

Forced saving is good, if not everyone BBB no more money. =D

3-4% only can cover inflation. Not real increase in value.

You can use your SA to invest it is not tied down...

4% is in fact very good... where can you find guaranteed 4% every year unless you put in 100k or more on some banks (which is almost rare these days)

In order to do 8-10%... the reverse is the same... on a down market there will be -8% ~ -10%

There is no return without some forms of risk.

Without the CPF scheme, i think we will see more beggars in the streets and the younger generation will have to work harder to support the aging generation.

Just my 2 cents of opinion. :)

3-4% only can cover inflation. Not real increase in value.
Better than a lot of things.

A lot of people leave their $ in POSB Savings, interest rates are what, 0.125%. 0.o

may i know what can funds in sa be used to invest in?

You can use your SA to invest it is not tied down...

4% is in fact very good... where can you find guaranteed 4% every year unless you put in 100k or more on some banks (which is almost rare these days)

In order to do 8-10%... the reverse is the same... on a down market there will be -8% ~ -10%

There is no return without some forms of risk.

Without the CPF scheme, i think we will see more beggars in the streets and the younger generation will have to work harder to support the aging generation.

Just my 2 cents of opinion. :)

current S$ fd rates is about 2.6%.

Better than a lot of things.

A lot of people leave their $ in POSB Savings, interest rates are what, 0.125%. 0.o

only applicable to those who are weak and ill-disciplined. so, for the rest, forced savings no good leh.

Forced saving is good, if not everyone BBB no more money. =D

The point is CPF is suppose to be use for retirement right? but then how many singaporeans can gladly retire at the age of 62..the price u paid for few piece of concrete slabs which what the government called public housing, already wipe out ur CPF for retirement..
another issue: not that i'm disrespectful to the elderly..but the problem is, if the aging generation does not want to/not able to retire, how can the economy create more jobs for the younger generation??

8-10% ??? u dream on ar... !

it need not be a zero sum game.

another issue: not that i'm disrespectful to the elderly..but the problem is, if the aging generation does not want to/not able to retire, how can the economy create more jobs for the younger generation??

3b on way flushing down the drain liao.. i doubt it will even hit 6%

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

No more free abalone porridge in Poto P*****.

U think got increment in cpf interest ?

Pray got no reducement better

may i know what can funds in sa be used to invest in?

You can invest only balanced funds or funds that is less aggressive since CPF-SA is already doing 4%. :) and since SA is a retirement account so the government doesn't want you to invest on funds that will be exposed to higher volatility.

You can contact me if you interested to find out more how you can use it to invest on. My email address is raymond.tan@gmail.com ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.