Cp 8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavy

Dec 9, 2004
Sengkang
Hi,

Newbie here! I just bought CP8700 two weeks ago. I have encounted the photo i took by cam 8700 is having a lot of noise (ISO 100 is ok but ISO 200 or above is worst). Is that any way to reduce the noise?

Please advice! Thanks :)

Noiseware
Neat Image
Noise Ninja

:)

software??

Any other way to solve? Like change the setting for +EV or white balance? try not to use software.

Nope... the noise is caused by the densely packed photosites on the sensors, higher ISO will definitely generate more noise.

espn said:
Nope... the noise is caused by the densely packed photosites on the sensors, higher ISO will definitely generate more noise.

care to explain more espn? wanna learn abt this "densely packed photosites" thing... :)

8mp on 1 sensor 2/3" DC will be very packed and very close, thus adjusting ISO will create a lot of noise.

6mp on 1 sensor that's half the size of APS film will have more space and larger photosites, noise level will be lower, image also however will be softer on DSLRs as compared to DCs :).

HI espn, kkeke...i will ask a very stupid question. You mean the DSLR will be softer so will not hv so much noise?

DSLRs are softer because the photosites are larger, more sparsely placed if I may call it.

The tolerance for noise will be higher.

finally...i could understand.

espn, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.