Covering Shooting Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Hi to All, Greetings to Seniors.

The list of places to shoot can potentially go on endlessly.

But what erks me is - how do we get to these places ? Public transport ?? How else of course. But, it would be rather unproductive, and achingly slow and time will be consumed by travelling.

I have a suggestion, and would like views on the following idea:

>> determine a number of party size
>> pool everyone's resources based on the next following step
>> hire a minibus / van / car for say 3 days
>> and possibly cover one quarter of the list per day of the 3 days
we hire the vehicle for.

how does this sound?

Regards,

CJ

Hi CJ,

Your suggestion sounds very much like a tour group outing to me - cover entire Singapore on a minibus in 3 hrs tour! :D

For photography, this would not work as most ppl will want to take their time to explore and get to know the area well and typically, one visit is never enough and you find yourself going back again and again.

For most photoshoots, we normally only visit ONE place per photoshoot, sometimes two if the first place is unproductive.

Good suggestion, but something which i think will not be suitable for ClubSNAPers..... ;)

However, there is nothing to stop you from organising a group photoshoot and also arranging for transport to the location.

Well, How Do Darren,

I stand corrected about how photographers would find the necessity to return to the same locale to cull more shots out of it, and forbidden are we to rush through a location for want of fulfilling the hit list.

I was more quandering over the time gobbled by travelling, and at the same time, hoping to increase the photographic yield per shooting day.

By making a group transport available, disappointing locales need not deal us a double blow - with the prospect of travelling yet to another. I thought, by hiring a vahicle for three days, a party of eager shutterbugs can cover more, and produce more in one day. Spending about 2 hours at each location, starting from 6am till 9pm at night, a group can cover quote a few locations, and can also return to certain selected photogenic locations for better light.

However, this is just a personal experience I though I might wanna share here, as I have done it on my own, and found it tremendously productive, and on the contrary, un-hurried. A point to add would also be the option to run for cover should our finnicky climate decides to rain our parade.

Regards,

CJ

cj...why dun u organise one? well if its properly organised and planned...i dun see why there wouldn't be any response..

;)

Originally posted by spilot
I stand corrected about how photographers would find the necessity to return to the same locale to cull more shots out of it, and forbidden are we to rush through a location for want of fulfilling the hit list.

Forbidden we are not, encouraged we are to make best use of time.... errr.... does that sound like Yoda? ;p

Anyway, based on the previous photoshoots that have been organised, there has not been a necessity to visit more than one location - but that may have been a conscious decision by the photoshoot organisers.

If, as you say, you have had success (and more importantly - FUN!) in visiting and shooting many different locations, then GREAT!! Don't let me(/us) hold you back ;). On the contrary, we (ClubSNAP Core Team Members and Mods) ENCOURAGE you to organise such an outing - I am sure there will be some photogs who share the same sentiments and will appreciate it.

This is, after all, a common community for us to share our photographic interests.

Why not just take a cab and share the cab fare?

Advantages:
Less Hassle
No petrol costs
No parking charges/summons (hidden costs)
If 1st hit is good, then no extra $$$ wasted

Status
Not open for further replies.