i will be covering a RC event.

the activities include :
- open house
- colouring contest
- puppet show
- GOH unveiling of plaque
- exhibits
- prize presentation

need some advice. what to look out for and what lenses to use?

thanx

My guess is that you'll be using your Fuji? A 28-105mm works for me. Unless you want a wide shot of a big group of people bunched around the plaque or an exhibit. Not much different from covering my school shoots or most generic events (minus weddings please).

But if its night, then a SB will be necessary...

what to look out for
Oops, sorry forgot to add :-

Go capture people in action and whatever they are doing. RCs are usually less fussy about their shots, but you'll definite want to capture shots of the VIP/GoH with the Chairman and so on. Go for the usual clasping-of-hands/handshake pix, and maybe a couple of in-your-face close-ups of the expressions, esp of the VIP.

More importantly, check with the RC if that's allowed. If the VIP/GoH is some Cabinet minister, they'll have to clear you first. Plus the perfunctory equipment/bag checks.

iceman said:
i will be covering a RC event.

the activities include :
- open house
- colouring contest
- puppet show
- GOH unveiling of plaque
- exhibits
- prize presentation

need some advice. what to look out for and what lenses to use?

thanx
Hi there,
where will you be covering this event?Which C.C are you from?

Joe :think:

its day time (0900 to 1230), flash may be required for the indoor shoots.
GOH is the MP (i think ....)

er, what has CC got to do with RC?
i'm from neither, just that someone invited me.
somewhere in amk.

Then easy lor. Follow above post. But do get yourself ready to switch between 200 to 400 ISO quickly. Also recommend you switch to shooting in P mode. Faster, less hassle. Spare yourself the nuisance of tweaking shutter, F, etc. After all, RC isn't gonna care a whit about artistic shots or stuff like that. Just make sure you get a good number of MP/VIP pix. Plus know who else are the "important" people to shoot and get them.

iceman said:
its day time (0900 to 1230), flash may be required for the indoor shoots.
GOH is the MP (i think ....)

er, what has CC got to do with RC?
i'm from neither, just that someone invited me.
somewhere in amk.

ok,PM Goh is under marine parade C.c.I thought you went to join one of the grassroot leader.

Joe :embrass:

joe said:
ok,PM Goh is under marine parade C.c.I thought you went to join one of the grassroot leader.

Joe :embrass:
I think you misunderstood him.

the 'GOH' in the earlier post refers 'Guest of Honor' NOT PM GOH, as in the Prime Minister.

So I think you must be puzzled by why iceman says AMK when PM Goh is MP for Marine Parade....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.