Courses regarding the business side of photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Where to learn the business side of photography if i plans to be a photographer next time?

I know nuts about business, accounts, law and copyright issues for photography. And setting up a studio is just like opening a shop. Where can i get a short course?

NATIONAL LIBRARY BOARD!!!! read, read and read. im sure they got alot of info there regarding this and maybe more!

behyx said:
Where to learn the business side of photography if i plans to be a photographer next time?

I know nuts about business, accounts, law and copyright issues for photography. And setting up a studio is just like opening a shop. Where can i get a short course?

its all about network, networking, networking!!!

nicholaslee said:
hehe.. I also want to know if it's alright for me to sell my developed photos at a higher price of cost price or not :sweat:

do you mean selling to stock photo companies?

behyx said:

Is not easy to be a full time photographer in singapore. The first thing you have to do is to get the support from your family. You can't do thing well when someone keep on naging at you, especially your wife. If your business not doing well you can't bring money back, then will your wife can take it? If she say she will give you the full support then i will congratulate you. Beside this, your PR must be very good, you must have very patience to all your customers especially those who like to "find bone inside the egg". You also must have sufficient money to back up for the first 6 to 12 months if the business not doing well. I had come across all this so I want to let you known that this is not easy. Those who don't agree me please don't put the flame on me, I am telling my personal experience just try to let him to prepare or known this is not a easy one. Cos I notice that in CS when A answer B some question and somebody don't agree than they were start to argue. We try to share our experience in CN, so let stop all this arguement, and please think carefully before you post. This is the place to share and learn photography is very sad to see the threat become battle field.

Belle&Sebastain said:
its all about network, networking, networking!!!

yeah man... very true. :cool:

bigfatfish said:
do you mean selling to stock photo companies?

Some people asked if I could develop some of my photos to 4R and sell them or not.. hence I thought make some profits by selling the photos at a higher price than the dev pricing :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.