Courses in GIMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

Jan 26, 2002
Visit site
Are there any courses that teaches you how to use GIMP rather than Photoshop?

Any good courses for Photoshop or image editing (application neutral) to recommend if otherwise?

as a current gimp user, there are quite a few good gimp tutorials online. I've learnt quite alot of basic techniques googling on topics such as 'gimp tutorials' or 'photo touch up gimp'. it can be quite satisfying to grasp the concept through self learning.

my 2cts worth

as a current gimp user, there are quite a few good gimp tutorials online. I've learnt quite alot of basic techniques googling on topics such as 'gimp tutorials' or 'photo touch up gimp'. it can be quite satisfying to grasp the concept through self learning.

my 2cts worth

Hmm... My new company has a benefit for a 1-time self development course each year so thinking of some courses that I can use it for.

I've also always been a self learner but if I don't use the staff benefit that it's kinda wasted no? ;p

oh i see what you mean. if that's the case, maybe google? or go photoshop classes to learn the techniques then see if you can use the same concepts in gimp?

oh i see what you mean. if that's the case, maybe google? or go photoshop classes to learn the techniques then see if you can use the same concepts in gimp?

Found a few for PS but none for GIMP. Just wondering if anyone is actually advocating GIMP. I've used it a little for basic work for a while and it works great.

Please everyone, support GIMP! Support open source!!! :heart:

i use gimp :D

I'm now seriously considering moving to GIMP because my Photoshop 4.0 is reaching the end of its usefulness. Becoming more and more unstable, even with fresh re-install. I think it's because of the endless Windows XP updates. And most likely it won't work when I am finally forced to move to Vista.

Most importantly, GIMP now has the healing tool! Something which PS 4.0 does not have.

Thinking of giving GIMP a try. Not keen to spend so much on Photoshop, and I see no significant successor to my Paint Shop Pro X. The GIMP Windows version stable and latest version?

not sure about latest version but i'm using it with my trusty notebook, 1.5 GHz with 768MB RAM, seems to be ok, for me at least :)

however, the RAW support is not perfect, for nikon's NEF at least, if i remember correctly. I've been thinking about investing in captureNX then use it in tandem with GIMP.

Thinking of giving GIMP a try. Not keen to spend so much on Photoshop, and I see no significant successor to my Paint Shop Pro X. The GIMP Windows version stable and latest version?
Latest version. 2.4.2:)

Status
Not open for further replies.