Courses for Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLQ

Jan 31, 2005
Tampines & Sydney
Hi all,
Will like to ask if any of you know where in Singapore (preferabally more to the east or centre) there are courses for Photoshop and how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Cheers-

Why dont you just buy a "Photoshop CS: Classroom in a Book"? its one perfect book to start learning Photoshop.

And also if you are very familiar with the computers... you can also try to learn yourself thru internet tutorials...if you go to Google or Yahoo and type "Adobe Photoshop Tutorials", you will find plenty that are useful.

Good luck with your learing..
And welcome to the Digital Side...
Cheers!

waiaung said:
Why dont you just buy a "Photoshop CS: Classroom in a Book"? its one perfect book to start learning Photoshop.

And also if you are very familiar with the computers... you can also try to learn yourself thru internet tutorials...if you go to Google or Yahoo and type "Adobe Photoshop Tutorials", you will find plenty that are useful.

Good luck with your learing..
And welcome to the Digital Side...
Cheers!
Hi waiaung,
thanks for the suggestions... i know that we can learn through the tutorials or books, but if i go through a lessons, i can ask questions that on things that i hope to know straight to the teachers mah, but that is provided the cources not expensive :sweat:
Anyway welcoming to the Digital side means to this sub-forum or to digital camera world? if the former, then thanks :) if the latter, i have been using digital camera for over 4 years liao :bsmilie:

In the Panasonic room, we are talking about have a Photoshop Workshop ...

we are still brainstorming on how we want to proceed with it.

I find that having someone to guide and show makes learning much easier for me. And I am one of those who are too lazy to read the whole manual.... :embrass:

CLQ said:
Hi waiaung,
thanks for the suggestions... i know that we can learn through the tutorials or books, but if i go through a lessons, i can ask questions that on things that i hope to know straight to the teachers mah, but that is provided the cources not expensive :sweat:
Anyway welcoming to the Digital side means to this sub-forum or to digital camera world? if the former, then thanks :) if the latter, i have been using digital camera for over 4 years liao :bsmilie:

The latter... :D
Cos what I notice is (No offense), some photographers here are still too reluctant to use Photoshop... thats why I said welcome to the digital side when I saw your post that you are learning Photoshop (in fact, I meant more towards the World of Digital Imaging...)
:sweatsm:

Well.. its yes, if you can afford the Course fees, its good to learn with a dedicated teachers. From what I know, my school (NAFA) is also coming up with some short courses including the digital imaging (I think..). But if you have any questions, you may ask around here in this forum. There are many people who are helpful enough to answer your questions, as far as we could.

Cheers!

PSS (Photographic Society of Singapore) conducts one.

You can try contacting them when the next batch is commencing. You can check out at their website here: www.pss1950.org

CLQ said:
Hi all,
Will like to ask if any of you know where in Singapore (preferabally more to the east or centre) there are courses for Photoshop and how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Cheers-
Most PS courses here are very general they don't really go into detail about PS and photography.

Maybe try PSS - cater for photographer

But I still second waiaung suggestion that you pick up a book.

I recommend this book - Adobe PSCS The art of Photographing Women.
Not a beginner book but one of my favorite.

Hi all,
thanks for all the replies. Will check out the PSS site.

hey waiaung,
actually i have been edditing my photos, but just the basics like brightness, contrast, explosure etc... is quite limitted, so want to learn Photoshop to do more.

Thanks all again...

sinlg said:
In the Panasonic room, we are talking about have a Photoshop Workshop ...

we are still brainstorming on how we want to proceed with it.

Hi sinlg,
yah i know :) i saw it too (i also in the Pana forum).
thanks :) will see if there are any conclusions from there.

cheers-

AixisOfJustice said:
PSS (Photographic Society of Singapore) conducts one.

You can try contacting them when the next batch is commencing. You can check out at their website here: www.pss1950.org

Sent them an email cause cannot find it in the website.
Thanks for the info.

cheers=

CLQ said:
Sent them an email cause cannot find it in the website.
Thanks for the info.

cheers=

The PS course at PSS is called Digital Darkroom. I'm not sure how detailed the course will be. The next batch is starting on 10 May 05.

how much is ur budget?

u can contact clown. he conducts 1 to 1 teaching i think. he is really quite superb(those can make trees disappear type).

spoke to him abt his teaching methods before. he doesnt teach u much effects i think(basically cos these u can just copy from the internet). instead he teaches u HOW TO USE the functions and WHAT THEY DO. which i think is far more impt.

just search for his nick and PM him abt it...:)

hey all.
Once again thank you for all your inputs and help.

below is the email i got from PSS about its course of digital darkness, i think it is more of teaching the whole concept of digital photography...

Course Syllabus
1. Digital vs Conventional Photography
The Transformation from Conventional to Digital Photography
Silver Halide Film Base to CCD
Types of digital cameras, storage and accessories
Digital Imaging Basic
Bit, pixel, resolution; Image mode and format
Colour Theory: RGB, YMCK and their Relation

2. Practical Outing Session (Sunday)

3. Digital Darkroom
Setting up a digital darkroom
Digital Input: Camera Photo CD, Scanned Image
Digital Output: Injet, Dye-sub, Chemical Process
Tools Filters and Effects

4. Digital Retouching, Burning and Dodging
Hands-on and Tips on Printing

5. Creative Software Applications
Creating Layer and Mask
Superimposed and Multiple Images
Creating Path

6. Creating a Personal Website
Upload of images and website
Assessment briefing

Assessment
Upon completion of the course, the students are required to submit a simple portfolio website for assessment.
A course certificate will be awarded for successful submissions.

wainism said:
how much is ur budget?

u can contact clown. he conducts 1 to 1 teaching i think. he is really quite superb(those can make trees disappear type).

spoke to him abt his teaching methods before. he doesnt teach u much effects i think(basically cos these u can just copy from the internet). instead he teaches u HOW TO USE the functions and WHAT THEY DO. which i think is far more impt.

just search for his nick and PM him abt it...:)
hey wainism,
thanks for this info :)
cheers-

How about home tuition for eager Photoshop learners. I did that in the US. I hope to do it here.

Hi

Was at the PA (People's Assocn) website just now & noticed there are some PS courses being conducted at diff CCs.

Hope tt helps.

thanks wayne! *grins

yea i do home tuition for PS and u're welcome to look for me anytime for PS things. i'm not the best DI artist here lah but i'm quite positive i can help u get a better understanding of the program. =)

cheers!

-James

Yap! Learning Photoshop on your own computer is the best way to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.