Count on Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeHee

Dec 20, 2005
Dear all

How do i check my over count on my camera.
Thanks

Heehee

What do you mean? What is an 'over count'?

Yes, very sorry all.
The over count for the usage of the camera.

Thanks

I'm guessing you mean shutter count for DSLR? If this is for P&S I have no idea.

It depends on what camera you have.

Some Nikon models : in EXIF.

Some Canon 1 series : in EXIF

Other Canon : must bring it in to the service center.

Dear all

Thanks

Heehee

DSLR or Proconsumer/P&S? Count is only available on DSLR.

Hi, how to see the EXIF.
I used photoshop but cannot find EXIF that shows the overall count used the the DSLR.
Thanks

If your camera belongs to the XXD or XXXD and that you have not reseted your card count, this could be another way you "count" the usage.

Hi, how to see the EXIF.
I used photoshop but cannot find EXIF that shows the overall count used the the DSLR.
Thanks

You haven't answered which camera you are interested in.

If the EXIF contains the shutter count, the tool of choice appears to be Opanda's IEXIF.

Very very very sorry.
I am using a Canon 30D.
I tried Opanda but it does not show me the overall shutter count.

xxD series does not have shutter count info in exif

Very very very sorry.
I am using a Canon 30D.
I tried Opanda but it does not show me the overall shutter count.

That's why I said : Canon 1 series only (and I heard 1D3 does not have the feature).

You need to bring it into Canon Service Center if you really have to know. There's no other way. Believe me, I've searched, and I've done my own analysis of the EXIF. Sometimes Flickr will report "shutter count", but it is definitely NOT the shutter count.

If your camera belongs to the XXD or XXXD and that you have not reseted your card count, this could be another way you "count" the usage.

Hi again, as i was saying, the usage can be checked through the counter on your image/ file name, for example: IMG_1049. This would be the only other way other then bringing your camera down to CSC. Lastly, the above method would not work if you have reseted the "count" by accident.

Thanks

Hi again, as i was saying, the usage can be checked through the counter on your image/ file name, for example: IMG_1049. This would be the only other way other then bringing your camera down to CSC. Lastly, the above method would not work if you have reseted the "count" by accident.

It only works if your file numbering is on continuous and you have not shot more than 9999 images.

Thank you all.
Thanks

i tried XV32 on my Canon 20D, it works. havent tried on 30D yet though. maybe someone can try and give feedback?

i tried XV32 on my Canon 20D, it works. havent tried on 30D yet though. maybe someone can try and give feedback?

Can you tell me what's XV32? I can't find it on google. It kept referring me to an LCD TV.

I know what's preserved in the EXIF is the image and folder number, and as has been pointed out, it can be used as a shutter count as long as it has not been reset.

XVi32 is a hex editor. If you're referring to the method of extracting the shutter count from the EXIF, that's the folder / file index. Try to reset it on your camera and then checking again. Besides, it seems that the 30D does not have that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.