Cost of Renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotoNik

Apr 18, 2004
SengKang
I plan to renovate the toilets and kitchen of the resale HDB flat that I bought. Any ideas what will be the cost. I did shop around but the cost varies quite alot. Thanks

MotoNik said:
I plan to renovate the toilets and kitchen of the resale HDB flat that I bought. Any ideas what will be the cost. I did shop around but the cost varies quite alot. Thanks

Depend ..... do you want new GOLD tap or secondhand gold tap .... maybe i know where to refer you to ....:bsmilie:

Nothing special, just changing the tiles and fittings for the bathroom. Floor tiles and kitchen cabinet.

For those who sent me PM and the links. Thanks

floor tiles can vary. if you want basic ceramic tiles, figure about $3-6 dollars per square foot (including installation).
then go to those sanitary ware shops, get some prices for your fittings. add on about 10-20% for installation.
add that to the cost of ceramic tiles.
to this- add about say $200-300 for stripping out your existing fixtures and fittings.
then add about 10-15% for profit & overheads.
that should give you a rough ballpark figure.

i suggest you get a few quotes. but dont necessarily go with the cheapest one. also, as what i did with my own bathroom, its cheaper to source your own tiles and fittings and just pay the contractor for installation, rather than going to those all in one shops that you see all over the place.

MotoNik said:

I believed the quotations u get so far is ard the same....Just pick 1 out of the rest.

Anyway it's like u pay cheap u get cheap....Need not waste so much of ur time getting more quotations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.