Cost of Metz and Nissin flash? Please help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Hi, anyone knows the prices to expect for the following external flash and where I could find them?

1) METZ 32 Z-1
2) Metz 28C-2
3) Nissin 360TW

I asked for equotes from CathayPhoto but they're not in stock and no prices were given :( Wanted to look for them elsewhere but worried of being overcharged....

Originally posted by mpenza
Hi, anyone knows the prices to expect for the following external flash and where I could find them?

1) METZ 32 Z-1
2) Metz 28C-2
3) Nissin 360TW

I asked for equotes from CathayPhoto but they're not in stock and no prices were given :( Wanted to look for them elsewhere but worried of being overcharged....

The Camera Work Shop sell them.

bought the Metz 32 Z-1 in the end but not from the Camera Workshop though. went to the shop but the people were busy with their customers and I noticed that Metz flash were in the range of $100+++.

was a bit disheartened and decided to go to Cathay Photo to get the cheaper Achiever TZ250 which also has a low voltage (~8-9V). But they don't have stock at both Peninsula and Marina Square despite quoting me the price ($41). The sales people also told me the Metz 32 Z-1 would cost about $170. So, I went around the other 2nd hand shops in the same building and chanced upon one that has both the Metz 32 Z-1 and the Achiever TZ250. Tried both and decided to get the Metz 32 Z-1 for $110 with a pouch. Anyone knows whether I was overcharged? The service was great but the shop didn't have a lot of stuff on offer for digital cameras.

btw, the trigger voltage of the Metz 32 Z-1 is only about 4V (I brought a multimeter along :) ) and will be suitable for digital cameras and Canon EOS cameras. I tested another Metz 32series flash (32CT7 or 32CT3) and the voltage is about 8.5V.

Status
Not open for further replies.