Cost of living in Singapore (title edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dam is that a joke?
i hear stories of break ups.

O well...maybe people from previous generation have a different mindset as oppose to youth nowadays.

I am sure that there are some relationship that can last even for the younger generation. You just have not met them yet.

I am sure that there are some relationship that can last even for the younger generation. You just have not met them yet.

Let's not side-track this thread.

Back to topic: With the cost of living skyrocketing in SG... It depends on how long she's willing to commute each day and what her expected standard of living is.

Ya, it's exist but it hard to come by.

Either way,love serve no purpose.
Does it smoothen the pain of people?does it give the people a better life?Does it redress the greviance of whoever?

it doesn't.

Does it smoothen the pain of people?does it give the people a better life?Does it redress the greviance of whoever?

it doesn't.

Does this have anything to do with the cost of living in Singapore? It doesn't. Troll elsewhere.

Just because you've been rejected by the asian girls in the USA doesn't give you a soapbox to stand on and preach your ignorance and lack of life experience.

it doesn't.

It's depend how you look at it. There is not right or wrong in life, it just where you standing.

Does this have anything to do with the cost of living in Singapore? It doesn't. Troll elsewhere.

Just because you've been rejected by the asian girls in the USA doesn't give you a soapbox to stand on and preach your ignorance and lack of life experience.

Don't get me started on your ignorance.
Girls and such doesn't intrest me nor have i initial any dates with anyone.

I'm just saying love is redundant if it cannot bring ppl out of their misery.
Your concept=love
my concept=justice

Now back to topic.

Don't get me started on your ignorance.
Girls and such doesn't intrest me nor have i initial any dates with anyone.

I'm just saying love is redundant if it cannot bring ppl out of their misery.
Your concept=love
my concept=justice

Now back to topic.

MY ignorance? Little boy, all your posts have been a rife display of ignorance! And NO, you did not say it's redundant. You said "Either way,love serve no purpose."

It's another case of you backing off your own statements and contradicting yourself.

to answer your question.

$1400 should be enuff to survive in singapore, but not for luxurious lifestyle.

National University of Singapore's graduate student starts off at $1500 monthly stipend. I also happen to know an exchange student who works as research assistant, his stipend is $800 dollars/month only.

So ur friend should be able to survive. where is she from

Is she working as a biologist? In biopolis or NUS/NTU?

MY ignorance? Little boy, all your posts have been a rife display of ignorance! And NO, you did not say it's redundant. You said "Either way,love serve no purpose."

It's another case of you backing off your own statements and contradicting yourself.

actually when i say ignorance,it was pointed to your statement "just because u got rejected by asian girl in the USA"
where did this come from?
i was born in singapore and have never visited USA nor fancy any girl.

we'll stop here,i have no intention of being slap with another infraction.
btw serving no purpose and redundant holds the same meaning.

actually when i say ignorance,it was pointed to your statement "just because u got rejected by asian girl in the USA"
where did this come from?
i was born in singapore and have never visited USA nor fancy any girl.

we'll stop here,i have no intention of being slap with another infraction.
btw serving no purpose and redundant holds the same meaning.

Nope. Redundant means excessive or superfluous. Doesn't mean it serves no purpose.

As for the "asian girls in the USA", that deals with your statements in the other thread. An amnesiac now?

Huge thanks to all of you for sharing so much information. I forwarded the link to her so she can decide now.

From what you have said, and from my experience regarding food & transportation costs, it is possible for her to live there reasonably well without any crazy expenses. For the record, she's from France, not Hawaii, and she shops moderately (shopping is far less affordable in France than it is in Singapore relative to -say- the cost of food). So all good, and thanks again for your valuable comments.

I'm not sure how the "Asian girl in the US" started, we're talking about a European girl in Singapore here :bsmilie:

Huge thanks to all of you for sharing so much information. I forwarded the link to her so she can decide now.

From what you have said, and from my experience regarding food & transportation costs, it is possible for her to live there reasonably well without any crazy expenses. For the record, she's from France, not Hawaii, and she shops moderately (shopping is far less affordable in France than it is in Singapore relative to -say- the cost of food). So all good, and thanks again for your valuable comments.

I'm not sure how the "Asian girl in the US" started, we're talking about a European girl in Singapore here :bsmilie:

Hhmmm France. Now that is easy to compare. I have lived in France for 3 years before, and I use this simple way of estimating the cost of living in France: if I have 1400 euro to spend each month in France, that would be about equal to how much I could spend in Singapore in Sing dollars. Not very accurate, but a good rough estimate. So if your friend thinks she can get by with only 1400 euro a month in France, I think she should be able to survive with S$1400 in Singapore.

And French girls are feisty but pretty:thumbsup:

a european? tell her to stay in europe or try the us since there will be better exposure opportunities there instead of coming all the way here. seeing as how she's french and if and if she's into bio research they just made a new break thru in stem celll research in the us. better she be at the forefront to get experience wouldn't it?

ask yr fren learn to eat our local hawker food.

also learn to cook some simple dishs

French like to eat cheese and bread :lovegrin: Can go NTUC cheap cheap sure can tahan for 1 month :thumbsup:

French like to eat cheese and bread :lovegrin: Can go NTUC cheap cheap sure can tahan for 1 month :thumbsup:

that's an unfair stereotype. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.