[Cosplay] Cosfest IX "Let's Make Friends"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmayeo

Feb 11, 2008
Singapore
Thanks to all cosplay models, nice meeting them at Downtown East. All were very friendly and willing to let us take photos. Here are my photos for sharing with you all. Thanks for viewing.

4765038766_27edfca780_z_d.jpg

4764403783_d318655f1c_z_d.jpg

4764405609_d1033e4103_z_d.jpg

More photos posted at my flickr.

Last edited:
4764401933_75b0159ce7.jpg

I don't have this one. She was the one who kept running about right?

take note of distracting background, also note of your flash in indoors, dont direct.

take note of distracting background, also note of your flash in indoors, dont direct.

it's probably hard to explain why so distracting in the background :bsmilie:

Thanks for your comments, will take note of them.

ask the model to go to your corner, that is the best

ask the model to go to your corner, that is the best

You notice this is a free public event to watch & take photographs. The cosplay participants are not hired as our subjects to be taken by your intentions on them. Please do not think you can just do anything you want or you may get prosecuted for harassment.

Noticed a couple of them, trying to conduct their private 1 to 1 shoot.
Really disgusted by their actions.

You notice this is a free public event to watch & take photographs. The cosplay participants are not hired as our subjects to be taken by your intentions on them. Please do not think you can just do anything you want or you may get prosecuted for harassment.

LOL! I saw some Ah Pek photographers not only asking Cosplayers to go to a corner, but also to pose this way and that way. Personally I won't do that :nono: even though I am in the same Ah Pek age group. Who are we to boss around those XMMs? In any case, using those zinc huts as background is not all that great looking.

LOL! I saw some Ah Pek photographers not only asking Cosplayers to go to a corner, but also to pose this way and that way. Personally I won't do that :nono: even though I am in the same Ah Pek age group. Who are we to boss around those XMMs? In any case, using those zinc huts as background is not all that great looking.

When I was around that area, I felt the air was bit strange. Though very nice to share their reflectors and un-sync flashes, a word to describe is "exploiting" the participant's rights.

They should bring own backdrop for shoot...:bsmilie:

O that.. Saw 2 of them set up the lights & then 5 Ah peks shoot 1 cosplayer...:bigeyes:

I feel some hostilities here... Having shot cosplayers in a variety of styles over the past 3 years, I need to clear the air a bit. (I set up a simple umbrella studio this year at various corners during both days)

The cosplayers are free to choose with who and how they want to pose, as long as both parties consent and no risque actions occur. Sometimes, sexy poses are the traits of a particular character.

But did you see what happens during the shoot? Sometimes, these cosplayers have their own favoured photographers whom they've established rapport before and trust.

I've already mentioned about the pose thing. Which day and which corner was this? I set up shop near the zinc hut on Day 1 (is 20s considered Ah-Pek age?) Yes, the background sucked, but at least there are no random heads in frame.

When I was around that area, I felt the air was bit strange. Though very nice to share their reflectors and un-sync flashes, a word to describe is "exploiting" the participant's rights.

They should bring own backdrop for shoot...:bsmilie:

How is giving the cosplayers a better photograph treatment "exploiting" them? Some of these photographers do e-mail the pics to the cosplayers personally.

I feel some hostilities here... Having shot cosplayers in a variety of styles over the past 3 years, I need to clear the air a bit. (I set up a simple umbrella studio this year at various corners during both days)

The cosplayers are free to choose with who and how they want to pose, as long as both parties consent and no risque actions occur. Sometimes, sexy poses are the traits of a particular character.

But did you see what happens during the shoot? Sometimes, these cosplayers have their own favoured photographers whom they've established rapport before and trust.

I've already mentioned about the pose thing. Which day and which corner was this? I set up shop near the zinc hut on Day 1 (is 20s considered Ah-Pek age?) Yes, the background sucked, but at least there are no random heads in frame.

How is giving the cosplayers a better photograph treatment "exploiting" them? Some of these photographers do e-mail the pics to the cosplayers personally.

Apologies if my post seem hostile. Yes, what is important is the rapport that you establish with the Cosplayers and agree, if you take nice pixs of them, that is good for all. Just that I feel some of the Ah Peks were acting in a rather "bossy" manner, as if they Cosplayers are under their employ. I also note (in my photo essay at JPG here) that generally the Cosplayers were happy to oblige.

I was there on Sunday, saw an umbrella or two but not used by the Ah Peks. Actually I did not pay attention to who was using the umbrellas but it was not the group of Ah Peks who were "directing" the Cosplayers. I am reaching 55 and I consider Ah Pek's those around or above my age. 20s no lah!

Last edited:
Apologies if my post seem hostile. Yes, what is important is the rapport that you establish with the Cosplayers and agree, if you take nice pixs of them, that is good for all. Just that I feel some of the Ah Peks were acting in a rather "bossy" manner, as if they Cosplayers are under their employ.

I was there on Sunday, saw an umbrella or two but not used by the Ah Peks. Actually I did not pay attention to who was using the umbrellas but it was not the group of Ah Peks who were "directing" the Cosplayers. I am reaching 55 and I consider Ah Pek's those around or above my age. 20s no lah!

No worries. I understand that photographers need to air grievances/complain once in a while when they can't capture a scene as they envision due to other GWCs. I know I did that for the past couple mega cosplay events. I barely took out my camera out of my bag once I see a wall of photographers. :bsmilie: Considering quiting the events scene and going for photoshoots these days. :rolleyes:

And I do agree and have seen some Ah Peks "having their way" with certain scantily clad cosplayers. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.