corrupted files help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Recently, while doing a transfer from my CF card to my com. My com crashed. After which when i restarted my com i realised that there were 6 coruppted files in which only half the image was loaded. If there any way at all to retrieve the lost data during the transfer or is it "too bad" its gone forever?? Help... Thanks.

For pictures, I normally use the copy option, rather than the move option when I transferring process. ONLY if the pics have been copied to my HDD ok, will I delete them using my camera to format it.

You can try using the Image Rescue utility if it came with your card orginally. As long as it hasn't been recorded over, the data is still there.

Recently, while doing a transfer from my CF card to my com. My com crashed. After which when i restarted my com i realised that there were 6 coruppted files in which only half the image was loaded. If there any way at all to retrieve the lost data during the transfer or is it "too bad" its gone forever?? Help... Thanks.
Bro, need help? can pass u an image recovery software if u need...

Thanks for the help guys. But if the CF card was alr formatted will i still be able to recover the files?

The corrupted files on my com looks like a half loaded image. Can the retrieve get back the full image?

I also have the same problem... retrieving pics from a formatted cf card using image recovery but the pictures are half loaded...

If the card was only formated with the camera the chances of recovery is very high .:thumbsup:

If it was formated and reused then the chances is very slim.:thumbsd:

seems Sandisk Extreme III and IV CF card can restore data. I bought one yesterday, have not tried it yet, but the pack includes a restore software along with the CF card. Maybe you can see if this software helps! It says that it can handle corrupted data and restore deleted files. Anyone else has clues about the same.
I also guess that Sony Memeory stick Pro offers the same features.

chris, next time use the copy/paste procedure. and also format your card everytime you empty it if you have the time - I read this from somewhere which says that with less 'leftovers' in your card, there's a lesser risk of file corruption.

i had that problem.. can u view the picture properly in ur camera? if u can't, it could be a writing problem from camera to CF card.. and even if u can recover, it'll be half loaded still.

Thanks for the help guys. But if the CF card was alr formatted will i still be able to recover the files?

The corrupted files on my com looks like a half loaded image. Can the retrieve get back the full image?

After format can also recover. Try some data recover software I did it before.

where can i find the data recovery software from?

try searching for PC Inspector Smart Recovery.. tried a few software n this works... recovered 75% of my files after I formatted my cf card... another software cause the images to be half loaded..

Status
Not open for further replies.