Corporate headshot photo

Warlord9

Jul 13, 2010
Hi senior,

I'm still newbie and currently own D90 with kit lens and 50mm f1.8 with one sb600 and tripod.
My fren ask me to take corporate headshot for her which is to use for her company's website. Location will be in my own room using white wall as background. So would like to know which is the best setting to get the best result and what else do I need to take note ? Do I still need to do editing? As now only know how to use picasa as editing. :(
Thanks in advance :)
Know how to edit picasa.

If you're not confident, then have her go to a Fuji studio, like the one at Raffles Place. Then she'll have her images in 15 minutes.

try position her far from the wall so less shadow. try off camera flash oneside & reflector the other (just use large plain white surface will do). have fun.

set cam on tripod make level with eye level... attach flash... bounce flash off ceiling..

focus on eyes.. don't put to widest aperture if you want a deeper dof.. adjust the shutter speed to get a properly exposed pic.. take note of shadow on the wall behind.. if its satisfactory then don't need to do any editing lor..

or else just adjust the contrast and use unsharpen mask if you think there is a need...

print or email,... done.

Start by doing a 45/45 light. 45 deg angle from the front of her face. Then position it high up sat a 45 deg angle from the horizon, on her face. Then use a reflector on the other side of her face to lift some of the shadows. Depending on what she wants, maybe do a flash from the back lighting the rim of her hair. So looking back, you need to buy/rent one lightstand, softbox/umbrella with hotshoe holder, a white reflector and another flash.

Or you can ask her to go to get her pic done at a photostudio.

Or you can look for a photographer here to do it for her.

Good luck.

set cam on tripod make level with eye level... attach flash... bounce flash off ceiling..

focus on eyes.. don't put to widest aperture if you want a deeper dof.. adjust the shutter speed to get a properly exposed pic.. take note of shadow on the wall behind.. if its satisfactory then don't need to do any editing lor..

or else just adjust the contrast and use unsharpen mask if you think there is a need...

print or email,... done.

That will work for a passport photo. Corporate head shot? I don't think so.... :nono:

Corporate headshots should be much more well done... like these:
http://www.darrenhiggins.com/pages/portraits/corporate/art_corp_head/corporate_headshot_index_2.jpg

Last edited:
That will work for a passport photo. Corporate head shot? I don't think so.... :nono:

Corporate headshots should be much more well done... like these:
http://www.darrenhiggins.com/pages/portraits/corporate/art_corp_head/corporate_headshot_index_2.jpg

AHHHH~!!! okok.. so corporate headshot is like those~!! okok my bad.. hmmm definitely not the passport photo kind.. lol.. :embrass::embrass:

Thanks a lot all the senior... The result is quite good. My fren is happy with it.. many thanks.. Very helpful memberss !!! Good point ~~:D