cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
here i am again, asking yet another weird question, but i guess it's worth a shot. have already sent some mail out to some uk photographers i know.. but perhaps i just like to have all the information i need.

in any case, should be headed down to the coast of england for my easter break for a bit. i suppose i do have a few options, not sure if i should cover them all and any information you could provide is greatly appreciated. what i know is that i might want to see the bedruthan steps, cape cornwall and porth nanven. so based on the fact that i would probably want to minimise walking i would probably have to stay around the magwan porth area first for the first one, and then st just for the second and third (they are relatively near each other).

was wondering if anyone knew how reliable the transport around cornwall is, and just how extensive. from what i see and read (and i have been doing that for a long time, but not enough answers to plan.. which is why i just ordered a few guide books and a map from amazon) the easiest way to access cornwall from london will be via rail to penzance. but oh, cornwall is huge, and i won't have a car, which complicates matters.

i'm also wondering if i should just stay somewhere in between and walk all the way, but based on google earth i think that's a very silly idea and i would probably get screwed bigtime if i get lost after sunset. and have to do something silly like walk all night or something. any information/advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated, once again. thanks and cheers.

Bro, Cornwall covers a huge area and is actually quite some travel even by car.

I was in Devon for almost 3 weeks on holiday and there is just so much to cover. I based myself at Okehampton as I wanted to cover the rolling hills of Dartmoor National Park, and because it was also close enough to go cover the Cornwall towns along the coast like Tintagel (nice and quaint and the castle ruins are awesome); aside from day trips within Devon to Plymouth, Torquay and Exeter.

To get nice landscapes seriously, you need to DRIVE. There are just so many places to go and you need to move around even in a small town.

Bro, Cornwall covers a huge area and is actually quite some travel even by car.

I was in Devon for almost 3 weeks on holiday and there is just so much to cover. I based myself at Okehampton as I wanted to cover the rolling hills of Dartmoor National Park, and because it was also close enough to go cover the Cornwall towns along the coast like Tintagel (nice and quaint and the castle ruins are awesome); aside from day trips within Devon to Plymouth, Torquay and Exeter.

To get nice landscapes seriously, you need to DRIVE. There are just so many places to go and you need to move around even in a small town.

hey dennis.. yar, i know. cornwall is HUGE, but i don't really need to cover everything.. who knows, maybe i'll just waste all my remaining holidays for the next few years in it. cover it slowly. think i'll take it less like the italy trip.. which was pretty touch&go to me. anyhow i plan to just really walk around from afternoon after doing some studying in the morning in the room of accomodation. exams are after easter after all.

you know, i was really thinking of doing car rental as well, but then ar, so long never park later jialat. if only i'd started doing it earlier and could get in more practice before coming here after passing. :/

there's really so much to see - newquay, lizard peninsula, land's end, eden project, and the list goes on. devon is beautiful too. sooner or later i have to get to hampshire too. the trouble is that all these aren't so accessible without a car so i don't think i can really do a weekend quick getaway thing to photograph, sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.