Copyrighting your photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
AReality said:
noneed.
It's automatically copyrighted if you're a Singaporean.

What if i am paid to do the job? Does the copyright lies in:
1. Me
2. Client or
3. Me & Client

Depends on contract.
Some client wants copyright, some give u the copyright.

What if nothing was stated?
I mean client can always argue that they are paying.
But actually its only the photography fee (service) they are paying for.

Lens_Man said:
What if nothing was stated?
I mean client can always argue that they are paying.
But actually its only the photography fee (service) they are paying for.
Then it's the photographer's fault.

harmony said:
Cool, I didn't know that.

Btw, for copyright, is it valid for that country only or it is an international thingy..

you must state it in your invoice. for events, it common knowledge you transfer the whole rights. for other work....it there is unauthorised usage, i will invoice them (provided can trace who they are)

Hmm.. as long you snapped the pic it's copyrighted by you rite... but.. how does one (ppl like judge?) identify whether you're the one who snapped the pic? I mean.. another person can just take the picture and say he's the owner of it rite.. Don't we need to go to some agency and license it?

From what I understand, the photographer have the copyrights to it.
If it is a commerical job and it is stated clearly what it is use for in your invoice ie:Covershoot for Dec issue of ABC mag. The client can only use it for that purpose. Even if they use it for a spread inside the same issue, it is consider a diff. usage.
For me, if it is a paid job, I usually give my clients full copy rights and retain the rights only for my own portfolio purpose.
For Model's portfolio shoot, I'll share thr rights 50/50 with the model.

The problem is.. how do you make known to public, that this picture is taken by you? Or is the original image from camera (unedited at full resolution) the only proof/evidence you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.