Copyright Symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on the ALT key and type "0169" at the keypad
release the ALT key and you should see the copyright symbol

using windows? use the character map, you can find the symbol in there.

start menu -> program -> accessories -> system tools (on win2k)

should exist in all windows versions... locations MAY be different tho.

Copy and paste this onto your text editor and save it for future use? ----> ©

:p

bigberd said:
No, am using MAC, PBG4. Anyone out there with a MAC and knows how to do this?

Use the Character Palette; you can set this to be shown on the menu bar thru System Preferences - International - Input Menu by checking the Character Palette item.

chgoh @ 8:10am on 12 Jul 2004

To be fair, Megaweb provided good information. For Windows based PCs (and I thought it works for Macs too, it might well do, try it out). What he neglected to mention is that you must type 0169 on the number pad with the num lock engaged, it will not work with the row of number keys at the top of the standard QWERTY board.

on Mac it's even easier... option/alt-g will give you ©

A hint open up keyboard viewer from the input method menu (under the flag, if you don't know that, pls RTFM or go thru the help screens)

option and shift key will give you access to a lot of other common symbols via your normal keyboard instead of remember the code page as in PC.

For accents...

option + ` + a e i o u will give you à è ì ò ù
option + e + a e i o u will give you á é í ó ú
option + i + a e i o u will give you â ê î ô û
option + u + a e i o u will give you ä ë ï ö ü
option + n + a o n will give you ã õ ñ

å is option +a, ø is option + o, ß is option + s... the list goes on and on and on.

Do we have to register the copyright with a governing body? Anyone care to enlighten me on how the copyright system works?

Jed,

I have no problems with Max, it is those others that make wise remarks. Everybody is here to learn and not to pass useless comments/remarks.

BiG BeRD

bigberd said:
Jed,

I have no problems with Max, it is those others that make wise remarks. Everybody is here to learn and not to pass useless comments/remarks.

BiG BeRD

Heh... Big Berd, relax la.. Im sure they didnt mean to pass wisea$$ comments to irritate you.=)

Afterall, what's learning without a bit of humour??

Cheers

bigberd said:
Jed,

BiG BeRD

Hey, I know where you're coming from, my signature insists much the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.