Copyright cases ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
where to report copyright infringement in Spore? Couldnt find on the search engines. is there any websites to refer to ?

thanks

West_ray said:
where to report copyright infringement in Spore? Couldnt find on the search engines. is there any websites to refer to ?

thanks

You don't actually report copyright infringement per se. What happens is that if for example you saw one of your photographs being used by someone else then it is your job to inform the other party that they are using a shot that you own the copyright to and they are to either cease using it, pay a fee, acknowledgement etc or you will institute legal action against them.

Legal action gets very costly very quickly and involves lawyers, going to court and so on. However you will win in most cases.

In the case of commercial copyright/trademark infringement such as pirated goods the police are the people to talk to or the local anti-piracy and trademark protection agencies.

West_ray said:
icic .... !!!

thanks for ur input, anyway i'll just wait for the reply from IPOS and see wats next. :D

They will say they do not provide legal advice...... btw, for copyright case, I think you have to take a private summon against the potential infringer, you will have to prove beyond doubt he/she has infringed your copyright. No one can help you protect your copyright other then yourself.

well it could also be on the balance of probabilities

blurblock said:
They will say they do not provide legal advice...... btw, for copyright case, I think you have to take a private summon against the potential infringer, you will have to prove beyond doubt he/she has infringed your copyright. No one can help you protect your copyright other then yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.