Copyright "©" sign in Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuji Olykon

Nov 19, 2004
East, Macpherson
I was trying to input a "©" sign by using "ALT" + "0169" in photoshop CS but it gives me a "?" instead. Anybody knows why?:dunno: How to rectify this problem?

Fuji Olykon said:
I was trying to input a "©" sign by using "ALT" + "0169" in photoshop CS but it gives me a "?" instead. Anybody knows why?:dunno: How to rectify this problem?
Strange. It should work.

How about copy the © here and then paste in photoshop text ?

jeffhiew said:
or copy and paste from MS word, always work for me.

Had tried by copying from MS Word and it works. I'm just wondering why the "ALT" + "0169" method doesn't work in PS. Did I accidentally replaced that code with a "?" sign :dunno:

Anyway, tks for all the kind assistance. Shall try out tonight again.:)

Fuji Olykon said:
0169 should be keyed in from the keypad and not the row of the numbers at the top of the keyboard (if on laptop, swicth on the numlock and key MJO9 - corresponding to 0169).

does that help? :sweat:

Has tried again the following methods but to no avail:-

1. type in from the number keypad on the right of the keyboard, :sweat:
2. use some basic fonts like Arial, Courier & Times New Roman. :sweat: :sweat:

Only can be done if I copy the "©" from other programmes like MS Word......:(

Fuji Olykon said:

Did you try to hold down the "alt" key while typing the numbers ? In the character map program check to see if there is an © symbol in the font set you are using.

You must set your num lock on first before you key in alt-0169
The number must be keyed in from the number pad on the right of your keyboard.
It should work unless otherwise....

ellery said:
Did you try to hold down the "alt" key while typing the numbers ? In the character map program check to see if there is an © symbol in the font set you are using.
Yes I did hold down the "Alt" key, I hv checked with my friends and other charaters seems to be alright, eg "Alt+0170" = "ª" and "Alt+0168" = "¨", but "Alt+0169" = "?"......???

Where can I find/check the character map program? Is this under Photoshop or Windows?:dunno:

cyberider said:
You must set your num lock on first before you key in alt-0169
The number must be keyed in from the number pad on the right of your keyboard.
It should work unless otherwise....
Yes the num lock is on, and the 0169 keyed in from the number pad on the right of the keyboard. :dunno:

click START -> Run... -> type in "charmap" with out the " -> Press enter key.
click on © -> click select -> click copy.

Drudkh said:
click START -> Run... -> type in "charmap" with out the " -> Press enter key.
click on © -> click select -> click copy.
no problem with the alt+0169 in my PS CS2.
Please double check the keystroke mapping as below :

copyright-char.gif

Hope this helps :)

:thumbsup: picture paints a thousand words.

1. Select Custom Shape Tools
2. Select the shape u want from the drop down list.

The C thing should be there. Drag and drop to the position u want and resize to ur needs.

Hope this works.

helpscreen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.