Copying or transferring to new SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTeck

May 22, 2006
Hi

I transferred pictures from a 256M SD card to another 1G size. Those on the 256M SD were taken with a casio camera while the new 1G size SD card is to be used on a Panasonic Lumix camera

However after copying (first transfer to harddisk then copying to 1G Sd)., I can see some pictures from the 256 Mb Card but not all. Also I now cannot delete it even though it is display on the Panasonic LCD.

Did I miss something ? Is it because of different file naming convention use by 2 different camera

arpinkor

May 13, 2005
Nee Soon
Did you format the new 1GB card on the Panasonic Lumix first ?

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
Hi

I transferred pictures from a 256M SD card to another 1G size. Those on the 256M SD were taken with a casio camera while the new 1G size SD card is to be used on a Panasonic Lumix camera

However after copying (first transfer to harddisk then copying to 1G Sd)., I can see some pictures from the 256 Mb Card but not all. Also I now cannot delete it even though it is display on the Panasonic LCD.

Did I miss something ? Is it because of different file naming convention use by 2 different camera
check if you have accidently locked your card, the switch is at the side of the SD card

titan7x

Oct 3, 2006
No matter what type of memory cards, it is not recommend to do so. It may cause card error.

HiTeck

May 22, 2006
Yes - I format the card and
Yes - I made sure it is NOT write protected otherwise I would not be able to copy from
my PC to it. Its just that I can't delete some of the copied pic and there are one or two pictures I can't see on the new camera LCD but which I can see on my PC when under preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom