copy protected cds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakite

Jul 3, 2004
Singapore
any one here have info regarding the above?

as in if i were to buy one cd, den copy the music into my mac to transfer into my ipod, can i den copy the cd again onto my home pc?
is there a limit to how many times one can copy the music?

ot abit, how do the rest of u get ur mp3s? buy cd just to convert into them? den what do u do with the piles of cds u have in the end?

For copyprotected CDs, you can't play them on PCs, you can only play them on dedicated hardware like hi-fi or car audio.

espn said:
For copyprotected CDs, you can't play them on PCs, you can only play them on dedicated hardware like hi-fi or car audio.

You can. There usually is a media player thingy in the CD. When inserted into a CDROM drive on a PC (don't know about Mac), it will autoplay.

Only thing is you can't be using those MP3 ripping tools to rip them. There used to be some tool called '****it' which allows you to rip copy protected CDs but then I read somewhere that it no longer work because those guys have somehow change the protection stuff.

espn said:

Hmmm.... not so true ... although they are copyprotected, they can be played with their dedicated player ( usually found in the CD ) on all PCs. Once you put it in, the enclosed programme usually plays automatically. Then again, there are lots of programmes that duplicate EVERYTHING on the CDs...literally. At the end of the copy process, you will have another "COPY-PROTECTED CD" but it's a duplicate :lovegrin: With other programmes, we can even rip off the selected tracks from the COPY-PROTECTED CDs and re-compile them.

I hope this clarifies.

espn said:
I beg to differ on this ;)

The saying goes, "Man make, man can break."

You all going against me ah.. AI SI AH :kok:

I just make the statement only lah, got workarounds or not I "dunno" ma. Heehee.

:)

I remember reading an article saying that there's a kind of protection that will crash your PC when your PC starts reading the CD. :eek: anyone encounter b4?

Easy CD-DA Extractor can rip copy protected CDs no probs. Just set the read mode to Error Recovery & Repair and you get a perfect rip, every time! :)

Royce said:
Easy CD-DA Extractor can rip copy protected CDs no probs. Just set the read mode to Error Recovery & Repair and you get a perfect rip, every time! :)

Really? That's good, will try it soon. :thumbsup:

I'll second Easy CD-DA, it has been able to rip any CD I threw at it, including copy protected CD's. It's really good.

iTunes, no problems ripping :)

AhV said:
Hmmm.... not so true ... although they are copyprotected, they can be played with their dedicated player ( usually found in the CD ) on all PCs. Once you put it in, the enclosed programme usually plays automatically. Then again, there are lots of programmes that duplicate EVERYTHING on the CDs...literally. At the end of the copy process, you will have another "COPY-PROTECTED CD" but it's a duplicate :lovegrin: With other programmes, we can even rip off the selected tracks from the COPY-PROTECTED CDs and re-compile them.

I hope this clarifies.

not true. progs like nero will say it's a copy protected and cant copy

Google for a program called - EAC (Exact Audio Copy)

Its known to work for certain drives - I've got 4 optical drives ... so either one cannot .. just switch :p eventually i can rip the entire album :D

there will always be a way to crack through the copy protect

if you use itunes its as easy as popping in the cd and click on the import icon. :)

icici.. cools coz i'm using itunes on my mac... was just wondering abt my pc though.

cause i copied the maroon5 album on my pc but i can't port it over to my mac... guess i gotta use the original cd again...

ot abit... who wanna get rid of their cds cheap? heheh :embrass:

BTW, OT a bit, how do i know if a cd is copy protected or not? I use audio galaxy to rip my cds. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.