COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale... ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...hmmmmm... ok I have to go read up more abt facier and benro.. hooo

Well.. means no one else is using 1000D already ah. hahaha.
ytd i was at boat quay, when an angmoh tourist walk past and called me a tourist. then i was like.................wtf.... haha

When getting tripod, do consider the Max height (with and without center column being extended). Plus, minus your camera, you should try not to bend forward too much. Ideally la, is for you to stand without slouching and have the view finder in front of you (without extending the center column for maximum stability). ideally la. But having something slightly lower so far no issue for me as most of the time with a tripod, you have the luxury of time to adjust and compose etc.

note: the taller your tripod, the more ex :sweat:

Aiyah, let your pictures speak for you. not your gears ya ;)

Dun despise the little niffy 1000D. It will serve you well until u think it's time to upgrade. Mostly here still using 450D so it's not far away. No worries.

If we go out in big grps for shoots, you get a taste of different bodies and lenses which can be potentially dangerous. Haha! :bsmilie:

haha. maybe for me is not dangerous, yet.. is only saddening!
Cos is my 1000D, and my kit lens and me... lol

but frankly speaking.. after 2 weeks, i think i need a better zoom lens.. but fixed aperture ones is so ex... cos my friend bought 24-70mm for 2k :bigeyes:

BTW ive got a headache,Currently using a duffel but i prefer a backpack. That that can fit:

3 x manfrotto nano stands
1 x interfit combi boom
1 x lastolite 15" ezybox
2 x 28" westcott apollo softboxes
1 x benro A300EX tripod
1 x manfrotto 679B monopod
1 x AB 3ft octa.
1 x 16" beauty dish.

Initially wanted the new field pack, but they only have it in green. Looking for something in black, if anyone has any ideas would help mucchh

actually to me only spot metering is missing. i dunno wad other IMPT features u'all feel is really missing from the rest of entry level canon dslr

haha. maybe for me is not dangerous, yet.. is only saddening!
Cos is my 1000D, and my kit lens and me... lol

but frankly speaking.. after 2 weeks, i think i need a better zoom lens.. but fixed aperture ones is so ex... cos my friend bought 24-70mm for 2k :bigeyes:

this is nonsense.. you can seriously do very well with the kit lens! All you need to know is what you're shooting and the settings you require to get the shot. For your information the kit lens is very sharp f8 and above.

The only limitation I had for my 1000D was the iso handling. But even that can be made more tolerable using software such as niksoftware dfine.

BTW ive got a headache,Currently using a duffel but i prefer a backpack. That that can fit:

3 x manfrotto nano stands
1 x interfit combi boom
1 x lastolite 15" ezybox
2 x 28" westcott apollo softboxes
1 x benro A300EX tripod
1 x manfrotto 679B monopod
1 x AB 3ft octa.
1 x 16" beauty dish.

Initially wanted the new field pack, but they only have it in green. Looking for something in black, if anyone has any ideas would help mucchh

Try this... http://manda-sg.com/Manda-SG/Clik_Elite.html

Althou the pics shown are in brownish grey. They do have black IIRC. Those bags come with a hefty price tag thou.

Last edited:
this is nonsense.. you can seriously do very well with the kit lens! All you need to know is what you're shooting and the settings you require to get the shot. For your information the kit lens is very sharp f8 and above.

The only limitation I had for my 1000D was the iso handling. But even that can be made more tolerable using software such as niksoftware dfine.

dun get me wrong, i am happy with the kit lens, but sometimes i really want to zoom in to a person like at the playground or from a distance.. then i wanna achieve a shallower dof, but kit lens cant, hence my thought of a better zoom lens in future... haha

dun get me wrong, i am happy with the kit lens, but sometimes i really want to zoom in to a person like at the playground or from a distance.. then i wanna achieve a shallower dof, but kit lens cant, hence my thought of a better zoom lens in future... haha

Dunnit to spent bomb for a zoom lens unless u really need the fixed aperture and speed.

A very gd zoom is the 55-250. U can start saving for it now. It served me and still serving me until I get my L. :bsmilie:

are you sure you wanna open floodgates for us to suggest you lenses? now, let me start it slow, try the canon 55-250 ya ;p not THAT expensive, a good compliment to you kit lens. it's a tele zoom EFS for crop. good value lens. :p

Well.. you can go nearer.. hahah but maybe try the 50mm f1.8 lens first.. it's very cheap and.. you probably won't be impressed with its quality or performance but it will introduce to you bokeh.

I do have EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 III if you do want to get a telephoto though..

Dunnit to spent bomb for a zoom lens unless u really need the fixed aperture and speed.

A very gd zoom is the 55-250. U can start saving for it now. It served me and still serving me until I get my L. :bsmilie:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks, looked through seems like they have the camera bay, dont think itll fit the stands with the camera bay there. :(

The manfrotto stands so tall. Haha! :)

Like that, I think u need to go army market and ask for recce or guardsmen backpack. ;)

The manfrotto stands so tall. Haha! :)

Like that, I think u need to go army market and ask for recce or guardsmen backpack. ;)

guardsmen backpack? got pic?

i did go army market, haha auntie say they phasing out the black one. so no one selling anymore.

+2.

good zoom lens to have

are you sure you wanna open floodgates for us to suggest you lenses? now, let me start it slow, try the canon 55-250 ya ;p not THAT expensive, a good compliment to you kit lens. it's a tele zoom EFS for crop. good value lens. :p

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Btw, the 55-250 has UD glass elements which can be found in those L lenses. :lovegrin:

guardsmen backpack? got pic?

i did go army market, haha auntie say they phasing out the black one. so no one selling anymore.

Ahh. My bro have it. He's a guardsmen. I dun have pic now and I dunno where he chuck his backpack. :sweat:

haha. oh ok, i shouldnt open the floodgates u mentioned. lenses!

55-250 - have always hear ppl using this.. prolly the more affordable and good value zoom lens :)
50mm 1.8 - seems like a MUST get at least once for everyone.

hoho. but with buybuybuy comes investment and devotion. later i still need dry box, more maintenance..
I will just dream of using them in my slp for now.

And No wonder this thread pile up so fast, cos is so actively filled up by u guys. lol.

haha. oh ok, i shouldnt open the floodgates u mentioned. lenses!

55-250 - have always hear ppl using this.. prolly the more affordable and good value zoom lens :)
50mm 1.8 - seems like a MUST get at least once for everyone.

hoho. but with buybuybuy comes investment and devotion. later i still need dry box, more maintenance..
I will just dream of using them in my slp for now.

And No wonder this thread pile up so fast, cos is so actively filled up by u guys. lol.

If it regards to BBB, wah piang.. no horse run.. easily spread across 10 pages in no time. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.