COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 7 TCSS [BBB hits Fever Pitch]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this the thread to talk anything abt 1000d and sharing experience with the camera? cant find any other "living" threads on this alr...

is this the thread to talk anything abt 1000d and sharing experience with the camera? cant find any other "living" threads on this alr...

Welcome to CS - COP! We talk about any cameras of any brands. COP = Circle of Photographers. ;)

Anything you want to know about the 1000D or you are currently using 1000D?

hi there.. ohyes, using 1000D as my first dslr. :)

Someone directed me to COP thread, but i dunno what is appropriate topic to post question on this thread though.
I saw last time there is 1000D users going out for exchanges regarding the camera and photography.
I wonder is there still things like that..?

Someone directed me to COP thread, but i dunno what is appropriate topic to post question on this thread though.
I saw last time there is 1000D users going out for exchanges regarding the camera and photography.

hi there! welcome!

hmm, ok here's a short version of our history, it all started with two threads/groups aka the 1000D and the 450D users. As both are considered entry level cameras, somehow paths crossed and after a while, the COP was formed.

alot of users have progressed on to other cameras but it's the friendships that were built and am still on going here! So feel free to ask, learn and shoot more!

but beware of the buy buy buy virus.. very lethal.. :bsmilie:

Welcome to COP.
Basically, there is no restricted topic for this thread.
So, you can post whatever questions or topics.
We will try to join in the discussion if we are able to help out.

Welcome.

Lai lai lai.

We usually go SSS, TCSS outside of this forums and shopping tgt. Haha!

The last part is very lethal here so just beware. Well, having said that, we are just a fun bunch of people that love photography from all walks of lives. :)

xhui said:
hi there! welcome!

hmm, ok here's a short version of our history, it all started with two threads/groups aka the 1000D and the 450D users. As both are considered entry level cameras, somehow paths crossed and after a while, the COP was formed.

alot of users have progressed on to other cameras but it's the friendships that were built and am still on going here! So feel free to ask, learn and shoot more!

but beware of the buy buy buy virus.. very lethal.. :bsmilie:

JPLim said:
Welcome to COP.
Basically, there is no restricted topic for this thread.
So, you can post whatever questions or topics.
We will try to join in the discussion if we are able to help out.

Wow.. ok thanks for the friendly welcome :bsmilie:
So different from the newbie forum where many are being criticised at before helped. haha

Well, i guess i am a little late to join in now in the 1000d pool. Initially wanted 450D, but the salesperson psycho me to save the money for other accessories instead.. haha.

I have been using 1000D for 2 weeks, got quite a number of questions regarding camera picture style and night shooting advices.

But in fact my first questions is abt buying! Abit longwinded....Here goes..

I wanna get a budget tripod, saw ppl selling $30 in BnS, (i dun mind the weight) for night shooting cos i had a tough time shooting at lower apertures of the landscape... Even shooting a plate of food at night is slightly blur with/without flash! I saw courts has 1 $24.90.. no brand shown. Can i trust that?

I understand the built in flash sometimes is too harsh when close up.. i hear abt some ways where u can cover the flash with a layer of rubber or plastic looking thing. Can i just DIY put plastic bag cover the flash to make it less bright?

paiseh i know i am abit too low budget

hey guy.. something very impt.. hw do i get back the file that is deleted from the sdhc sard accidently? is there a way?

DUN USE the card anymore.

I look for the software for you.

So different from the newbie forum where many are being criticised at before helped. haha

Well, i guess i am a little late to join in now in the 1000d pool. Initially wanted 450D, but the salesperson psycho me to save the money for other accessories instead.. haha.

I have been using 1000D for 2 weeks, got quite a number of questions regarding camera picture style and night shooting advices.

I wanna get a budget tripod, saw ppl selling $30 in BnS, (i dun mind the weight) for night shooting cos i had a tough time shooting at lower apertures of the landscape... Even shooting a plate of food at night is slightly blur with/without flash! I saw courts has 1 $24.90.. no brand shown. Can i trust that?

I understand the built in flash sometimes is too harsh when close up.. i hear abt some ways where u can cover the flash with a layer of rubber or plastic looking thing. Can i just DIY put plastic bag cover the flash to make it less bright?

Budget? How much? Set an amount and we direct you.

Diffusing pop-up flash? Buy Pop-Up diffuser or FOC, use soft tissue paper.

why dun use the card anymore?

i accidentally deleted ALL my pics from my SD card before also.. panick like what. but i googled something along "sd card recovery" or something along there.. found a few apps foc to do that. thankfully recovered all my photos. :sweat:

Budget? How much? Set an amount and we direct you.

Diffusing pop-up flash? Buy Pop-Up diffuser or FOC, use soft tissue paper.

Tissue paper is great idea for now. haha..

budget for tripod.... <$40. abit heavy nvm.. stable can already.. hooo

1000D or 450D, its a good camera to start learning with! You'll be surprised at what they can do for you as you learn and master your skills and gears!

Getting a tripod is the way to go for night shoots (almost a must) and for slow shutter speed. Like what Ryan asked, what's your willing to spend budget? Actually people would usually recommend something more lasting and which you can use for a while. In long while you'll actually save more as you do not need to keep spending on upgrading. But having said those, people usually won't believe in that till they go through that themselves. :bsmilie:

As for harsh flash for your inbuilt flash, get those inbuilt flash diffuser. Quite cheap, check out our Mass Order section.

i accidentally deleted ALL my pics from my SD card before also.. panick like what. but i googled something along "sd card recovery" or something along there.. found a few apps foc to do that. thankfully recovered all my photos. :sweat:

minzhui. you can do the above as per xhui had said.

I can't seem to find the software that my fren pass to me. :sweat:

For night shots, a tripod is a must. Though said, I rather you save up more to get a good tripod like Benro, Velbon, Vanguard, Silk or Manfrotto. For now, I suggest that you learn how to have a good grip of holding the camera, breath through, hold breath, half shutter and shot. This is a critical skill where you need to shoot under low light and tripod is not allowed. My best is 0.3 seconds and I know some of the photographers can do longer.

For the flash portion, if you are doing portraits, you can use a soft foam to diffuse the light. For macros and closeups, you need to spend more time to make a DIY flash diffuser so that lights and shadows are not so harsh. You can google to look for solutions as well. Meanwhile, below a picture of my own DIY built in flash diffuser which I use for macro shootings.

DIY Diffuser:
Diffuserv3.jpg

One of my macros using the above diffuser:
StiltLeggedFlyCouple.jpg

Hope the above helps ;).

Tissue paper is great idea for now. haha..

budget for tripod.... <$40. abit heavy nvm.. stable can already.. hooo

hmm, willing to up the budget to $88? Seriously, for $88 it is really worthwhile and this tripod probably can be with you for a while (till you upgrade to seriously big guns n stuffs).

check out http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?cPath=48&osCsid=1104ecf4f6824c53bd11857d1ce9c885

Status
Not open for further replies.