Coolpix S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikon is fighting for a bigger share in the consumer digi market... but with sony, it will be a tough battle... canon is rather attractive too....

but nikon will be able to keep it up.. we muz have faith in nikon too...

but i prefer the S2 over the S1, the cover is a rather good concept frm sony..

obviousdude said:
wasn't the S1 just launched? :think:
not surprising... maybe they're able to complete S2 R&D earlier than expected. else it's just a PCB rev with firmware changes.

I am a D70 owner and love the camera, but even I must admit that it is inappropriate in many social occasions where you are supposed to enjoy conversations with the other guests, and not hide behind a large black piece of equipment with a foot long lens!

So I am thinking of getting something in the Coolpix S2 category. I own a Canon G2 but even that I find, is too bulky for many social occasions.

I am however unfamiliar with this segment, and I am pleasantly surprised to see many feature improvements introduced in such a small form factor.

Can you guys give me pro/cons on the leading super slim/compact digicams (i.e. "credit card size")? I am not wedded to Nikon in this category- i just want to get the best of this class.

Thanks!

The slim digicam are the trend now.....
Nikon S2, thickness 22mm, 5MP, 3X zoom, SD memory.
Sony T7, thickness 15mm, 5MP, 3X zoom, MS memory.
Canon IXUS i5, thickness 19mm, 5MP, no zoom, SD memory.
And also got Casio, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax models.

Astin said:
The slim digicam are the trend now.....
Nikon S2, thickness 22mm, 5MP, 3X zoom, SD memory.
Sony T7, thickness 15mm, 5MP, 3X zoom, MS memory.
Canon IXUS i5, thickness 19mm, 5MP, no zoom, SD memory.
And also got Casio, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax models.

Ya lor, soon we can retire out SLRs and start taking pictures with our 20 megapixel camera phones :bsmilie:

Lumiere et Fils said:
I am a D70 owner and love the camera, but even I must admit that it is inappropriate in many social occasions where you are supposed to enjoy conversations with the other guests, and not hide behind a large black piece of equipment with a foot long lens!

So I am thinking of getting something in the Coolpix S2 category. I own a Canon G2 but even that I find, is too bulky for many social occasions.

I am however unfamiliar with this segment, and I am pleasantly surprised to see many feature improvements introduced in such a small form factor.

Can you guys give me pro/cons on the leading super slim/compact digicams (i.e. "credit card size")? I am not wedded to Nikon in this category- i just want to get the best of this class.

Thanks!

Concur... I am looking at the S2 also. Can anyone share info on:

1. Speed of focus and
2. Speed of writing to card?

I am asking this because I own an Oly 5060 and finding it too big for my wife to lug around. She wants something smaller. I have a friend who has a Nikon 4300, and the write to card is damn slow. Is the S2 like that?

Thanks for all your replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.