Coolpix A

clearlyblur

Nov 26, 2008
Does anybody know if the coolpix A is available here and how this compares with the Fujifilm x100s' in performance and IQ?

Does anybody know if the coolpix A is available here and how this compares with the Fujifilm x100s' in performance and IQ?

To find out if it's available, please call the shops.

However, it is still very new, and as such not even reviews are out yet. In fact, if you read the previews, you will see that the only units out there are pre-production units. Ergo, not released yet.

read the previews for some comparisons to the x100s, but actual comparisons will only be out when the camera is released.

Actually I am pretty curious about this camera. At 1st glance, it may not look as appealing as the X100s but it is quite abit smaller than the X100s and only 10% bigger than the Sony RX100. With its retracting lens design, it could be the ultimate carry around compact camera.

If Nikon prices it competitively, it could be a winner. The D7000/K5 sensor is still pretty good even by today's standard.

aaron80 said:
Actually I am pretty curious about this camera. At 1st glance, it may not look as appealing as the X100s but it is quite abit smaller than the X100s and only 10% bigger than the Sony RX100. With its retracting lens design, it could be the ultimate carry around compact camera.

If Nikon prices it competitively, it could be a winner. The D7000/K5 sensor is still pretty good even by today's standard.

Listed abt us$1k wor..many people already jaw drop..lol

Not out in Singapore yet.

Thanks for the info. Interestingly, it is already featured on the NSC website though with much less fanfare elsewhere compared to its obvious rival, the fuji x100s. Is it made in Japan, or Thailand?

clearlyblur said:
Thanks for the info. Interestingly, it is already featured on the NSC website though with much less fanfare elsewhere compared to its obvious rival, the fuji x100s. Is it made in Japan, or Thailand?

Not sure but I asked a few dealers today, they told me Nikon didn't launch it locally yet. Hard to believe coz it's already on their page.

Saw a review of the Coolpix A at Photographyblog. Seems not bad as a pocketable APS-C compact if you don't compare to the X100s. AF speed is around the same as the old X100.

Nikon Coolpix A Review | PhotographyBLOG

Thanks for the link - the sample pics of the rocky beach look quite impressive in IQ, but pity no head-to-head comparisons, yet.

Called SLRR this evening and they said that stocks is coming in today or tomorrow. Price is $1234 + a bunch of freebies. Interested to see owners of this camera post their opinions.

Nice large sensor compact; just played with it today. AF is fast enough for CDAF from an APS-C sensor size camera. I was just a bit disappointed by the display quality.

Last edited:
Is the silver one available here? I have only seen the black one. Would get one in silver if available.

The silver one (it's more like a classic champagne) looks better in nature, has a nicer texture. :)

Last edited: