Coolpix 995

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardwarez

if i buy it will it be worth my money? because its already a year long product...i'm afraid it'll be a history soon... lol

or does taking a canon s30 would be better?

cloud79

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
I am using 885 but if u have chance i would get the 995. If u dun mind the megapixel(which keep on getting better now), it is basically a good camera. :)

R

Radeon

well...it works really well!
for me that is.

chaotic

Feb 14, 2002
I am using it now.. it's pretty good for a not very demanding user. it just doesn't focus well in low light but then again, most consumer digicams can't do that either.

3 megapixels is more than enough for me. any higher, it requires more processing power on your computer and accessories. normal size printing 4R and web is great at 3 megapixels.

Apr 11, 2002
u n k n o w n
Visit site
Originally posted by Hardwarez
if i buy it will it be worth my money? because its already a year long product...i'm afraid it'll be a history soon... lol

Coolpix3 are coming soon!
Hold your cash , please!

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by Hardwarez

It depends on what your needs are. Digital photography is not just about megapixels. Most people won't even need more than 3.3 megapixels. I for one, is still using the Coolpix 950 I bought 2.5 years ago.

I think the 995 will offer you a lot more flexibility than the S30, which is just a point-and-shoot. And you have a choice of lots of Nikon accessories like teleconvertors, wide convertors, slide copying adaptors, etc.

Regards
CK

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by erwinx
995 series is the king of digiscoping because of its small thread size.

http://www.digiscopingukbirds.homestead.com/DigiscopingInfo.html
Only downside is that due to it's small lens, it is slower than the other digicams with big lenses (e.g. f/2.8 vs f/2.0 or f/1.8). :(

Regards
CK

tomas

Jan 23, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

There's rumour that a replacement coolpix 4500 will be out soon. Anyway I have the 995 for almost a year and I have learnt quite a lot about taking pictures with this cam. The swivel lens is really useful, esp for macro shots and street photography.

Apr 11, 2002
u n k n o w n
Visit site
Originally posted by cloud79
Any preview on coolpix 4500? :rbounce:
You thought who wrote the review for you?:cry:

for your info,

Nikon is GOING (not happened yet!) to launch 3 new DCs.

cloud79

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
Haha ok i thought some site has the preview already that y. Keep me informed :)

Apr 11, 2002
u n k n o w n
Visit site
Originally posted by cloud79
Haha ok i thought some site has the preview already that y. Keep me informed :)
that was yesterday!
hey, by the way, you know what?
there was one incident:

Phil Askey deleted some thread in the dpreview forum few days ago! I still wonder why? Now the truth has come out ! Bingo! I think Phil Askey has some agreement with Nikon. And nikon will supply Phil Askey some DCs.

FYI also, NORMALLY there will be no review before the launching of a new DC (or 3 DCs) .
This time is weird! Nikon secretly gave Phil 3 DCs and asked him to do some previews?:dent:

Status
Not open for further replies.