Coolpix 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

delirious

H everyone,i am getting a digi cam tomorrow Budget 1.7k and i wanna get a small 4 or 5 mega pix camera and i saw the coolpix 5000 and i knda like it...but its quite a risk as i dont really know how well it will perform for a newbie..so any advices?Thanks!

Hi everyone,i am getting a digi cam tomorrow Budget 1.7k and i wanna get a small 4 or 5 mega pix camera and i saw the coolpix 5000 and i knda like it...but its quite a risk as i dont really know how well it will perform for a newbie..so any advices?I understand that the G2 is good too...but i dont really like its design...but then again if coolpix ain't that good for its price or a newbie i would rather take the G2...pls advice.Thanks!

I've a CP5000. Its a very good digicam, especially since you're looking for a small, compact DC with high performance.

It also have a whole range of function associated with a high end consumer digicam. This will allow you to grow with your camera.

Most people would say this DC is a bit over-priced. I wouldn't entirely disagree. But I look at it for the fact that it's very compact & the ergonomics is the best I've seen for a consumer digicam.

You won't be disappointed.

Alternatively, the common opinion is that for $1.7k, you should go for Sony's F707.

As with all digicam purchase, you'll need to set budget for extra battery & memory.

CP5k batt cost about $70, and a 256mb CF is about $180
Similar items for F707 is more pricey, but f707 impress in its performance.

G2 is more known as a value for money product. Even though its only 4mp, it doesn't really lose out to 5mp digicams.

Any other queries that you have?

Hi thanks for advice..i already got myself a C5000 and i am very very happy with it currently..except for its battery!!haha...they don't have stock for batts..so guess i will have to get them next time. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.