Coolpix 5000 Review Finally Out! - dpreview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished reading the review as well as surf dpreview's Nikon forum. Found some things about the CP5k worth mentioning which I dun recall from reading the review.

Excellent color accuracy (as expected from CoolPix)
And finally found some constructive points worth trying out from the postings regarding AF in low light. Apparantly, CP5k MAY have a better time focusing in low light if user do not use 'Continuous AF'. I'll give this a try soon and update if necessary.

Sadly, Phil only gave a "Recommended" for this camera. And the reason why its 'sadly' is becoz everyone expects a "Highly recommended" for a Nikon brandname.

Originally posted by Shadus
Finished reading the review as well as surf dpreview's Nikon forum. Found some things about the CP5k worth mentioning which I dun recall from reading the review.

Excellent color accuracy (as expected from CoolPix)
And finally found some constructive points worth trying out from the postings regarding AF in low light. Apparantly, CP5k MAY have a better time focusing in low light if user do not use 'Continuous AF'. I'll give this a try soon and update if necessary.

Sadly, Phil only gave a "Recommended" for this camera. And the reason why its 'sadly' is becoz everyone expects a "Highly recommended" for a Nikon brandname.
If you read the review throughly, you will understand the 5000 had many shortcomings that makes the recommended rating look overated.

I also think people's expectations of Nikon have lowered after the 885 & 775.

Quite 'disappointing' for a company like Nikon.

Originally posted by Bangdoll

I got it at around $1500++ @ SLS

For that price, isn't the G2 a better choice? More value for money...;)

Originally posted by Paladin

For that price, isn't the G2 a better choice? More value for money...;)

Prefer Nikon for the 5 megapixel loh. And I think the CP5000 is a bit more comfy to hold then the G2. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.