Cooling system for computer to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
The casing for my computer allows only 1 fan to be installed, other than the standard fans in the power supply and for the CPU.

Are there any other forms of cooling system in the market to bring the temp down much further? Just a crazy idea... :sweat: Do they sell some kind of internal "air-con" or coolant sort of gadget that I can place inside the casing?

I can't install any more fan if there are no more screw-in holes for it in the casing right?

Thanks very much for any suggestion...

get some blu-tack and as many $2-a-piece 12V boxfans u need and stick them strategically at the places where the hottest part gets the most cooling. and open 2 rear expansion slots covered with 3m aircon filter for the warm air to flow out.

simplest method, dun use any casing... cheapest cooling... air cool... provided the air around u is cool... no point using this in an oven...

anyway, how much are you going to spend? sometimes its even cheaper to get an aluminium casing with multiple fans and ducts (from Coolermaster, Thermaltake, etc) den to go mod with watercooling system or air con compressor system.

user12343 said:
get some blu-tack and as many $2-a-piece 12V boxfans u need and stick them strategically at the places where the hottest part gets the most cooling. and open 2 rear expansion slots covered with 3m aircon filter for the warm air to flow out.

er..

is that 3 milli-meter or 3 meter ??? :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last week on Straits Times they reported 1 Singapore guy installed Nitrogen gas and pipes in his room for computer cooling system.:bigeyes:

I want to know this too....

I just got a new computer. The casing is not so good in terms of putting fans. Dun think I want the hassle of changing another casing with multiple fans since everything is working perfect now except for the heat generated. Got 3 HDDs and 2 DVD-ROMs.

Was thinking... How about I leave one side of the casing open when I want to use the computer? My room is not air-conditioned though. So maybe I have to add an external mini-fan blowing towards the parts inside the casing?

Won't cause any harm to the comp right... except maybe more dust that way and it's inconvenient to always open and close the casing.

What do u guys think?

There are always some way to cool your pc. The question is how much you are willing to spend? There's a shop in SLS on the 4th floor that specializes in cooling system. From fan cool to water cool to whatever.

kiwi2 said:
I want to know this too....

I just got a new computer. The casing is not so good in terms of putting fans. Dun think I want the hassle of changing another casing with multiple fans since everything is working perfect now except for the heat generated. Got 3 HDDs and 2 DVD-ROMs.

Was thinking... How about I leave one side of the casing open when I want to use the computer? My room is not air-conditioned though. So maybe I have to add an external mini-fan blowing towards the parts inside the casing?

Won't cause any harm to the comp right... except maybe more dust that way and it's inconvenient to always open and close the casing.

What do u guys think?

go drill alot of holes over the casing cover lor.... look like a beehive from the side... maybe spray yellow... fierce....

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
go drill alot of holes over the casing cover lor.... look like a beehive from the side... maybe spray yellow... fierce....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: great idea..:bsmilie: new design..

kiwi2 said:
So maybe I have to add an external mini-fan blowing towards the parts inside the casing?

What do u guys think?

I did that and the dust kills the components in double quick time. Feels good at the start but external fans are far from ideal.

But a good case - Themal Take or Lian Li if on budget - as recommended in the thread.

Try Lucky Plaza lvl 2 shop called NextByte.
The guy Francis (philipino) is good at modding your casing for proper cooling @ a very reasonable price.

really? does he cut square holes in side panels? hehe wanna make mine see through.

3m is a well-known brand, chances are u'll be using one of their products w/o u even knowing them.

k3nn3th03 said:
er..

is that 3 milli-meter or 3 meter ??? :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Last week on Straits Times they reported 1 Singapore guy installed Nitrogen gas and pipes in his room for computer cooling system.:bigeyes:

That's not Nitrogen gas..
It's R404 or R22 refrigerant. He's running a Vapour Phase Change cooling system for benchmarking purposes.
The pipes are not installed into the room, the setup is on a huge rack on castors.

Occasionally, there would be the use of special canisters and the use of liquid nitrogen to push the limits further but it's often not worth the effort.

It's not funny when his VPCC is switched on. With a dedicated air-con in his room set at 16'C full blast, the room temperature still hits 34'C once the cooler system is switched on. I estimated the power draw from the system to be close to 2.8 kilowatts.

Status
Not open for further replies.