Cool Swim

ngwmk

Jan 20, 2009
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
composition and overall feel of the picture

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To capture the subject (my son) natural expression

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Picture was taken when he was swimming at the water playground at the zoo. Picture was taken using Canon 70-200 F4 lens at about 5 plus pm without much sunlight

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the composition is fine. Like the water splashing in front though can be distracting but it does give some "good" feel to the overall picture.

4897609659_a6b2e83fe4.jpg

Last edited:
love the relaxed look on his face

ok nitpicking time.... there seems to be a very slight bluish tint on the image (i think the water causing it) which should be easily corrected in PP via channels or curves

should do a BW version of this ...... throw out the colors and you should end up with an image that focuses on that facial expression

:) ...... u have a handsome boy :thumbsup:

Hi ED9119, thanks for the compliment. Agree with the blulish tint. Let me try to fix it via photoshop as am really not good at it. My excuse is that I try not to do any touch up or post processing on my pics so that people can view them as it is.

Will try the black and white version.

Kelvin

nice~!! i think its slightly dark though.. maybe can adjust the temperature too.. make it warmer.. then will have the sunshine sunshine feel...

now like very cold...

Good moment, try to increase the exposure level in PP but careful about washout effect. Don't worry about the water splashing, I don't think you can find another angle to shoot it better and especially if you miss the chance. Something, the timing, mood and everything is right, but if the photographer hesitate to click the shutter due to fear of wrong setting or hoping for a better angle is a wasted chance.