"cool" looking colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reactan

Jan 2, 2004
Bedok
reactan.instantlogic.com
I've noticed that on some pictures, the colors lok rather "cool" to me, for lack of a better word. An example is the movie " black hawk down" What would be the correct way to describe the colors? and how is it schieved?

Thanks,
AT

cool colors are something like bluish... more blue to the original color.

warm colors are more reddish... more red to the original color...

black hawk down... hmm very sandy color... btw whats your perception?

btw to me, i find color saturation, extreme of colors 'cool', like extremely yellow, blue, red, green etc...

reactan said:
ic...so let say i'm taking a photo, how is this effect (like in black hawk down) achieved? Post processed?

which scene may i ask...

if u have seen the making of BHD, most of the scene during the helicopter drop point is made with CGI, the sand is fake... maybe you highlight the portion you wanna have sand storm feeling, apply ripple? (something in circular, not gaussian) blur,

ok, betetr give and example. This pic by northenlights is an example of what looks "cool" to me... not the best example, but the only one i can find.

39454130.ChinaTownChineseNewYear2005_small.jpg

url of pic: http://mishuna.image.pbase.com/u37/auroraphotography/upload/39454130.ChinaTownChineseNewYear2005_small.jpg

erm..do u mean the 'look' of the movie? If that is so, i'd describe it as bleached and slightly undersaturated...grainy too...

i'm still wondering does he mean cool as in temperature or cool as in stylo?

Temp I believe.

Anyway, for film users can use cool looking film (depending on the day also, sometimes it is not so good the output) and filters. Cool film I dunno exactly which, but the Provia 100F can emulate a bit. For warm temp kind can get the Kodak E100GX.

haha, talking abt color temp. When i shoot in RAW, and try to replicated this effect by changing the color temp, it just seems off. Thats why i asked the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.