Cool function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agetan

Dec 31, 2004
www.tomato.sg
Hi guys...

Just had time to have a read on dpreview...

It is very interesting to know that we can use the flash for IR focussing (right terms?).

Basically, if you mount Minolta flash (3600HS and 5600HS) and other I would imagine, and have the flash off. If you are in darker area, the flash with fire off IR pattern that AF from 7D can focus on.

I think this is rather interesting. Go and try it on.

Can someone that still has A1 or A2 do the same and find out if it works the same way?

Hart

indeed with the 5600HS on, 5D is easier to focus at night, even if the flash is off, but you still can see the IR light up.

That's right..

so if A1 and A2 can do the same, wouldn't it increase the AF speed and accuracy?

Hart

Agetan said:
Hi guys...

Just had time to have a read on dpreview...

It is very interesting to know that we can use the flash for IR focussing (right terms?).

Basically, if you mount Minolta flash (3600HS and 5600HS) and other I would imagine, and have the flash off. If you are in darker area, the flash with fire off IR pattern that AF from 7D can focus on.

I think this is rather interesting. Go and try it on.

Can someone that still has A1 or A2 do the same and find out if it works the same way?

Hart

noticed that but never thought of it. will try it out tonight, even if the wife thinks i've gone completely off my rocker... hahaha ;)

This feature has been around since the time of the Dynax 7... it allows u to shoot in total darkness...

yah i think last time got quite a lot of ppl say that the AF assist on the flash units can't help the A1/A2.

when my sigma come back from servicing i'll try with it. but posters on other forums say cannot.

hmmm maybe time to buy a small cheap minolta flash for AF help :)

tried it last night but shutter speed is wayyyy low. so while focussing is possible (prob because of the light emitted by the 5600) there wasn't enough light to shoot with. or am i missing something here?

turn on the flash and shoot :bsmilie:

The 5600HS IR is just to make focusing easier. Especially for those like to capture the ambient light.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
y not we try to make a small IR lamp, then we mount it on top of the camera & do shooting?

hehehehe.. I prefer to use something I already have and use it as dual function.. I am not a handyman type person, so don't know how to build something.

Hart

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Hmm nevermind... 7Di from sony will have a built in IR emitter for 0 lux focusing & shooting... hehe...
0 lux shooting.... :bigeyes:

The ultimate ghost hunting camera. :D

Agetan said:
hehehehe.. I prefer to use something I already have and use it as dual function.. I am not a handyman type person, so don't know how to build something.

Hart

WHEN R U COMING BACK TO SG?
:think:

zcf said:
Thought he is here now, was asking anyone like to meet him up before new year.

ho ho.. why not gather tis friday go shoot fireworks..want? i am going anyway?
;p

I am not that keen on Firework photos... hehehe.. just can't stand crowd and hot weather...

I don't have tripod with me anyway..

Maybe just meeting for street photos anyone? I am happy to go on 27 Jan...

Hart

Agetan said:
I am not that keen on Firework photos... hehehe.. just can't stand crowd and hot weather...

I don't have tripod with me anyway..

Maybe just meeting for street photos anyone? I am happy to go on 27 Jan...

Hart

me only free from 4 pm onwards on friday, need to go back office ley..

unless u so free now, me got nothing to do later and tmr? shoot streets?
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.