COOKING...

Yappy

May 30, 2004
I heard this over the radio.

"My daughter is in UK doing her degree. She called and asked me.."mum, I am cooking vegetable.. do I add vegetable first or do I put in the cooking oil first?"

"My daughter is in UK doing her degree. She called and asked me.."mum, I am cooking vegetable.. do I add vegetable first or do I put in the cooking oil first?"

First world problem.. I thought somebody invented Google :bsmilie:

What if she asks:

"Mum, boyfriend is coming to spend a night. Do I let him sleep on the couch, the floor or in bed with me?"

:bsmilie:

Last edited:
What if she asks:

"Mum, boyfriend is coming to spend a night. Do I let him sleep on the couch, the floor or in bed with me?"

:bsmilie:

Reply: Have you been taking your pill regularly? If no, your dad and I need to start discussing the dowry amount. :bsmilie:

I'm growing strawberries, do i place the seeds on my desk, the floor or in the bath tub?

I'm growing strawberries, do i place the seeds on my desk, the floor or in the bath tub?

Why don't you soak in bath tub first? I know exactly which part of your body need strawberry flavoring.... :eek:

Reply: Have you been taking your pill regularly? If no, your dad and I need to start discussing the dowry amount. :bsmilie:
Likely response here: "Yes, I do. But I don't know what's wrong, it always drops out again when going to toilet .."

Toilet. Strawberries love dung. Don't flush, just add every morning and cover with .. straw :bsmilie:

Cooking is a life skill else you will have to eat instant noodle always. All should know. Again 'should' know.

Cooking instant noodle is also a skill.

It depends whether you have the time to cook or not. Not to mention the preparation and washing up.

This is reason why people eat out.

True.. if you are only cooking for yourself or your partner, its not worth cooking anything complicated.
Maybe just use instant something as a base... especially in fast paced life like here

True.. if you are only cooking for yourself or your partner, its not worth cooking anything complicated.
Maybe just use instant something as a base... especially in fast paced life like here
If you consider eating just as 'stuffing food into your intestines' then instant noodles is perfect. The side effects are a different story. If food and eating is part of culture in your life, including the experience of preparation and the enjoyment of having a good meal in relaxed atmosphere then instant stuffs won't be on your shopping list at all. Now, find your place between these poles :)
To me, these noodles with imitated taste of seafood or chicken but real taste of plastic cup will never be in my kitchen. There are always better options in SG (no, McD & others are not an option).

Agreed it is a useful skill to make one's own meals.
Cooking need not be complicated affairs like what is sometimes shown on TV by a top chef.
Simplicity, freshness of ingredients, choosing the right foods and cleanliness.

Home cooked food can be superior to eating out, even if the eating out venue is expensive.

Send the kiddos mentioned by TS, to CS member ntheni for 1 week intensive cooking training.

Last edited:
It depends whether you have the time to cook or not. Not to mention the preparation and washing up.

This is reason why people eat out.

We find time together to prepare food.

She cooks and I do the wash up!