Convince Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
Okay, I am tempted to get a Macbook pro.

Previously, owned a Macbook 13" which purchased 2 years ago. Don't like the short battery life and heavy to be carried around. Also the learning curve to the MAC OS. Used it for a year, now at home as a paper weight. Currently, using Sony Z series. Not bad actually except running Window Vista.

I need some something to convince me to get a Macbook pro. Currently, targeting Macbook pro 15" estimated purchase end of the year or early next year. What are the items in the new macbook pro that is good to have?

If not convincing, I will just change my current Vista to Window 7 to make the system run a bit faster. :)

go get windows 7 lah. I'm using it now.... "GOOD GOOD GOOD" Very good in every way compair to Vista. Your Sony Laptop is the top of the rang lao. No point buying another Laptop as you don't really need so many gear to move around. :p

go get windows 7 lah. I'm using it now.... "GOOD GOOD GOOD" Very good in every way compair to Vista. Your Sony Laptop is the top of the rang lao. No point buying another Laptop as you don't really need so many gear to move around. :p

Oi, that paper weight will be yours next month at a good friendship price. For friendship, help me to upgrade my lappy to Window 7. ;)

Once the new cam is in. You, your master and me play wireless together? :cheers:

SHIIII .... not so loud, wait someone eyeing on that firendship paper weight then not nice. ... lolx

Last edited:
Get the MBP, bro. It's just a much better thought through comprehensive system that just keeps better.

Now, leaving aside all biases, and looking objectively at the two major OS, it just seems Windows' main customer is really the PC makers. And why not, how many of you go out and bloody buy Windows directly from M$??? I think not. It's your beloved PC makers like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, (and a thousand others) who buy these Windows 7 licenses in bulk. So it's very natural for M$ to keep these guys' priorities in mind.

As for Apple, they don't have this problem because they fully control the hardware design to their own exacting details. Mac OS X' customers are basically people like you and me.

Even when you compare the raw iron underneath, if you buy a similarly spec'ed notebook, you will find the MBP is a better value.

At the end of the day, it's quality over quantity, elegance over mass market, and it's about putting you first (dammmnnn, I should be working for Apple!!! :bsmilie:)

Bro, I got back problem and all my bags are meant for 15 inch. :embrass:
Thats why my lappys are mostly 13 inchs.

what u need are roller bags and a full time assistant. setup your lighting, camera, laptop. prep your model, get your drinks, wipe your sweat.

Get the MBP, bro. It's just a much better thought through comprehensive system that just keeps better.

Now, leaving aside all biases, and looking objectively at the two major OS, it just seems Windows' main customer is really the PC makers. And why not, how many of you go out and bloody buy Windows directly from M$??? I think not. It's your beloved PC makers like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, (and a thousand others) who buy these Windows 7 licenses in bulk. So it's very natural for M$ to keep these guys' priorities in mind.

As for Apple, they don't have this problem because they fully control the hardware design to their own exacting details. Mac OS X' customers are basically people like you and me.

Even when you compare the raw iron underneath, if you buy a similarly spec'ed notebook, you will find the MBP is a better value.

At the end of the day, it's quality over quantity, elegance over mass market, and it's about putting you first (dammmnnn, I should be working for Apple!!! :bsmilie:)

Bro, you should be a spokesman for apple. :bsmilie:
I am considering to trade in my Sony for the Macbook Pro to cut down the cash.

Step by step first. Will try to upgrade the vista to Window 7 to test the performance. If the performance does not meet my requirement. Then trade in to get MBP. :)

This point is correct if you are referring to the older generation of Mac product where Apple design their own processor and MB. With the intergration of Intel CPU, there is nothing call Full control of hardware design. basically if you open up the macbook, what you see is more or less like a PC but with a special touch of apple when it come to OS.

The only think what keep me with apple was that their OS is backward compartability, Mac 10.5 can be run on Ibook G4 series, Accept for this latest version of OS, sadly minimum requirement is an Intel CPU.

Never a less, in the long term, its what you are confortable with not necessary best in the market or most trendy one.

*window user will say window good ... mac user will say mac good. But I will give the thumbs up to REdhat ... lolx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.