Converting to a smaller file

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
hi guys, what is the best method to convert a file from 4000++ pixel by 2000++ pixel to something like 1680 by 1080, or just shrink it?

Converting to smaller wun lose its image quality rite?

My method was to use Photoshop CS5

go under image size, uncheck resample image (Not sure whether this is correct or is it better to check this?)

select percen as the unit and key in like 50% or 80%...

is this a good way of reducing file size without any drop in image quality?

hi guys, what is the best method to convert a file from 4000++ pixel by 2000++ pixel to something like 1680 by 1080, or just shrink it?

The moment you make a picture smaller, you are already reducing its quality... image size = resolution = part of quality...
:dunno:

Why are you using % when you can enter the pixel dimensions? Why are you not letting it resample?

Hi, you can try here & here.

The moment you make a picture smaller, you are already reducing its quality... image size = resolution = part of quality...
:dunno:

I am trying to reduce the image width and length but keeping the pixel per unit to be the same, why do u say i am reducing quality? :dunno:

I am trying to reduce the image width and length but keeping the pixel per unit to be the same, why do u say i am reducing quality? :dunno:

pixel per unit = dpi.

Even if you keep dpi the same, if you reduce the width, and height, technically you are making the picture smaller, which means the entire scene is now smaller = less pixels in the entire picture = reducing quality..

So it might help for you to specify what sacrifices you are willing to make for a smaller size and what problems you want to avoid.. and not something so generic (and impossible) like "No reduction in quality whatsoever"... so people here help you better.

So I say again, the act of reducing the size of a picture, in itself, is reducing the quality of the picture. If you want no change in image quality AT ALL, your picture must stay the same size.. Just FYI...

Last edited: