Converting old photographs to digital image

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaeSiuM

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore, Bedok
www.paintingmoments.com
would like to ask if anyone has done it before with a digital camera and if possible guide me along.

i'm helping my colleague reproduce his old photographs(>20 years old) and some of them are in black and white.

i have a canon g3 and a couple of questions i have are :

1) what are the steps to get started?
2) should i use iso50 or iso100?
3) metering mode?
4) which shooting mode to use? (Tv, Av or Manual settings?)
5) aperture and shutter speed?

thanks in advance :)

I've been using a 2mp (setting) CP950/CP4500 to do that for quite a while. Mostly archiving my alumni's photos and articles. Try using plain simple marco mode.

- ISO100 setting
- indoor well-lit place (preferably from daylight)
- Programmed mode
- WB auto (if fluoro lightingm then fluoro filter, if hvy on warm lights then sunlight filter, or equivalent)

You may want to use a tripod to mount your cam pointing onto the floor. Place photos 1 by 1 on the floor and snap away.

BTW, I have yet to use a tripod for my archiving. Always balance with 1 hand. :p

PS if interested, can PM me. I will be doing some archiving this Sat and probably another Sat in June. Though this time will be sch mags, so will be more chin chai.
:)

I had some really old pictures of my parents and some family photos. Took them down to Fotohub and had them scanned and touch up, print and then laminate.

I have the original photos, but also have the laminated ones that will last longer.

They scanned the old photos and then give it to you in CD-Rom.:) Look for Patrick, a friendly and professional chap.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by fruitybix
I had some really old pictures of my parents and some family photos. Took them down to Fotohub and had them scanned and touch up, print and then laminate.

I have the original photos, but also have the laminated ones that will last longer.

They scanned the old photos and then give it to you in CD-Rom.:) Look for Patrick, a friendly and professional chap.:thumbsup:

what's the price like?

Originally posted by Snowcrash
what's the price like?

Cannot recall, give me some time to dig up the receipt, or you could call them direct, its fotohub..:) But i guess the price will also depend on the amount of restoration work that needs to be done..

Status
Not open for further replies.