Converting old negatives to soft copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigfied

Jan 3, 2008
Hi, I am somehow new to digital photography and mostly have been using the old point and shoot using negatives till a couple of years ago. I tried to convert some of the old negatives into soft copy for easier safe-keeping,however, after getting them to be converted at fotohub, i realised that the photos turn out to be very yellowish. Is there anything that can help to restore them to the original color or atleast close?

Or if there is any shop that can help to touch up? I don't mind paying more since these are very cherished memories between my family and some of my friends.

Greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks.;)

Hi, I am somehow new to digital photography and mostly have been using the old point and shoot using negatives till a couple of years ago. I tried to convert some of the old negatives into soft copy for easier safe-keeping,however, after getting them to be converted at fotohub, i realised that the photos turn out to be very yellowish. Is there anything that can help to restore them to the original color or atleast close?

Or if there is any shop that can help to touch up? I don't mind paying more since these are very cherished memories between my family and some of my friends.

Greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks.;)

This might sound weird, but is your screen yellowish? As in, is your screen properly calibrated?

I have tried on multiple system. From my friends MAc to my own desktop and laptop. I think because the negatives are really old. Any idea where can I get help from? Thanks. Greatly appreciate that.

could be your negatives already faded, this will happen to negative for more than 10 years old, especially those consumer grade film processed by neighborhood mini labs.

There is nothing you can do, photoshop each images could have help a little, the most easier way is just convert it to b&w images

Status
Not open for further replies.