Converting Film to Digital Formats???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,
just heard about this thing about scanning film into digital format and storing it in CDs?

sorry, really noobish question!!! :embrass:

any particular places to recommend doing this?
and heard for subsequent rolls u can get cheaper rates?
anyone has any idea how much scanning will cost and hows the quality?

wainism said:
hi,
just heard about this thing about scanning film into digital format and storing it in CDs?

sorry, really noobish question!!! :embrass:

any particular places to recommend doing this?
and heard for subsequent rolls u can get cheaper rates?
anyone has any idea how much scanning will cost and hows the quality?

Kex provide such service, then there are some place like Standard photo (certain shops) do that too.

oh okie!!!
thanks dudes!!!

KT and Grace Digital also offer the digitalization of negative services at $2.50 a roll. However, the quality of the scans are definitely not as good as those by kex...

act i m looking to convert LOMO shots only, so wonder if its really neccessary to use such a good scanner like Kex's. cos its pretty costly at $6 per roll...

any advice?

wainism said:
act i m looking to convert LOMO shots only, so wonder if its really neccessary to use such a good scanner like Kex's. cos its pretty costly at $6 per roll...

any advice?

$6 is really quite reasonable lah... and the quality of the scans are so good that, you can print 8R with the digital file itself!

If not, just drop by Grace Digital at Sunset Way, to scan it. Simon is super friendly lor... $2.50 per roll, bring your own CD-R or CD-RW, else he'll charge $1 for CD-R.

I have not tried KT before, but it's at Chinatown. Scan is also at $2.50 a roll, and a lot of people swear by the services there. Out of the way for me, so never bothered to drop by.

yaya ... about this service ...

i went to kodak shop and the lady told me the charge is 11 bucks for the first roll and sub rolls 4 bucks

for film to digital... burning it in cd ...

do you guyz have cheap lobang to do the process i mean the whole process i need to find a shop which provide cheaper service...

those standard photo and kodak when they scan there is often a wierd colour cast over all ya shots....

anyway....KT is fully capable of scanning high res images....
its juz tt at $3.50 a roll for scanning wat u are paying for is for a low res scan....good up to 5R only if i am not wrong...

i stand by KT....printed practically everything from my portfolio to clients photos there...never failed me ahha...

juz a personal preference....dun flame me...haha

cheers!

most shop will scan at a mid res. I believe some shops can scan at high res, but willl charge a bit more. Must ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.