Items used
- Canon Pro 90 IS
- Canon Closeup Lens (250D)
- SLIK U8000 Tripod
- Slide lightbox
- Cardboard Tube (optional)

Procedure
1. Put the lightbox on a chair
2. Setup the DC on the tripod facing 90 degree vertically downward facing the lightbox.
3. Place a mounted slide on the lightbox
4. Turn on the DC and align the slide to fix onto the LCD screen
5. Adjust the tripod level to the macro distance (for Pro90 and 250D is 18.5 cm)
6. You are ready to snap the slide

below are some samples as follows :
Fuji Velvia
slides_01.jpg

Kodak Elitechrome 100F Extra Color
slides_02.jpg

slides_03.jpg

Fuji Velvia
slides_04.jpg

please comment the quality ...

Limitation of DC range of colors perhaps

ya color is a bit oversaturated ... I am still working on it to get a better result ..

Fuji Velvia
slides_05.jpg

slides_06.jpg

Fuji Film Supria 100
film_01.jpg

Fuji Film Supria 100
film_02.jpg

The negative conversion is worst than slides ...

Originally posted by megaweb
ya color is a bit oversaturated ... I am still working on it to get a better result ..

Negative conversion are a lot more difficult, but not impossible. White balance your camera to a clear portion (actually orangey) of the negative. That should bring you somewhere near the correct colour.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Negative conversion are a lot more difficult, but not impossible. White balance your camera to a clear portion (actually orangey) of the negative. That should bring you somewhere near the correct colour.

Regards
CK

Thanks for the tips ... I will try next time. Although the quality is not up to expectation , I am quite happy about it. I can use this method to convert some of my slides to digital images and post it here ....

Thanks for the tips ... I will try next time. Although the quality is not up to expectation , I am quite happy about it. I can use this method to convert some of my slides to digital images and post it here ....

For slides, should be pretty okay. Thinking of getting the Nikon ES-E28 slide copier for my Coolpix to "digitize" slides. Faster than scanning, and with all the new D-SLRs coming up, might not be worth it getting a slide/film scanner, especially a new one. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by kamwai
can someone help me to convert my parent's wedding slides to digital? i dun have any light box

Wah, your parent's wedding is shot on SLIDES!? Must have cost a lot. You can use a regular light as well, so long as you white balance properly. Window light should be pretty okay.

Regards
CK

Wah, your parent's wedding is shot on SLIDES!? Must have cost a lot. You can use a regular light as well, so long as you white balance properly. Window light should be pretty okay.

Regards
CK

have u seen those 8mm film video??

my parents wedding video is inside.....but dunno how to convert it to digital...cos there are no more 8mm film players already rite?

Originally posted by kamwai

have u seen those 8mm film video??

my parents wedding video is inside.....but dunno how to convert it to digital...cos there are no more 8mm film players already rite?

If you look around those flea markets, cash convertors, eBay, etc, you might just be able to find a used 8mm projector. Getting it onto VHS, etc is more difficult.

Regards
CK

If you look around those flea markets, cash convertors, eBay, etc, you might just be able to find a used 8mm projector. Getting it onto VHS, etc is more difficult.

Regards
CK

hmm...so i have to use the 8mm projector to play...and then use a camcorder to record??

anywhere i can rent a 8mm projector? Thanks!

Mega, the quality is not too bad. You can save the money to buy a film scanner and get another lens now! :devil:

Originally posted by azone
Mega, the quality is not too bad. You can save the money to buy a film scanner and get another lens now! :devil:

I will try different settings to get more perfect result ...

YEAH !! I can save up $$ to buy a film/slide scanner liao ... ;) Sigma 15-30mm here I come ....

Fuji Film Supria 100
film_01.jpg

Fuji Film Supria 100
film_02.jpg

oh.. these 2 frm neg rite?? done using the photo optic plug in?? same as mine loh.. grainy and blur..
color.jpg

Thanks for the plugin ... :)

Originally posted by hackie

oh.. these 2 frm neg rite?? same as mine loh.. grainy and blur..

ya ... they are from neg ... not easy to convert to original format . I will try ckiang's method tonite ..... and will let you know the result ...

anyway , I am happy with the slides result ..

Thanks for the plugin ... :)

ya ... they are from neg ... not easy to convert to original format . I will try ckiang's method tonite ..... and will let you know the result ...

anyway , I am happy with the slides result ..

u're welcome. :)

slides results not bad.. but do u have to do a lot of tweaking in PS? or WYSIWYG?

Originally posted by hackie

slides results not bad.. but do u have to do a lot of tweaking in PS? or WYSIWYG?

not really much in PS ... the original picture is quite nice. I will post some comparison shots tonite ..

Status
Not open for further replies.