convert prints to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkkang

Jan 6, 2007
Punggol 21
I tried to convert some of my darkroom prints, done 5 years ago, to digital. I tape the prints onto a flat wall , use a tripod and cable release ( mirror lockup ) with a 80mm macro lens to shoot on the print.

Initially, I find that there are lots of reflection on the picture, I then switch off all the lights and close the curtains. I also place a small table lamp about 1 meter away from the print and shine directly onto the print. Result is much better after the adjustments... Still , the final result is not as sharp as those originally printed from darkroom ones.. which is "understandable"..

Has anyone tried to do similar conversions? Are there other methods that I should be using? I am also thinking of using a flat and even white light to be placed at the rear of the print, this will create a white that shines... some thing like a projector effect...

Does anyone has a better suggestion ?

some of the prints that I have done here.... enjoy viewing..

y1pslddbNlYS5Eb9zBo7qEVVzjf0Dj3R9orPA851Ti056e2-lSwGPy3u4EwoLMZej26WX6AX5Ye9-k

y1pslddbNlYS5E3G0BsosMk0HrkEv6CuqwvZgf0iRcRGbABmgQW5ttICHnJt9aCsqHDrbHOniSc_yc

y1pslddbNlYS5HP6PNUKvizh7CniFxSiEfNuewRjhXEuMLJOhUzQZkF2SQzSYXTgFeyClwpHk-d3RU

y1pslddbNlYS5ECFidP8r1tu9qr6miTxS2t4SBZHSmUxjinxe05OQ8s8zXknsoex6uSemnbRTr-8NA

y1pslddbNlYS5Fv2sX-N6RraSiMD3mq3bsBcyP9fWc_709294tC0qDykfSni2_J_LEK-dATWWVszPg

Why not just get a scanner?

Why not just get a scanner?

you are absolutly right ! That should be a good idea... no worries about lightings. GREAT ! but just to purchase one scanner , scan all the pictures, and then leave there to collect dust ... hmm... not so bright isn't it. maybe should start to beg some friends to use their scanners...

thanks Rashkae.

maybe should start to beg some friends to use their scanners...

Or just ask the bros here if any of them can lend you their scanner. :)

(But no, I don't have one, sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.