Convert LD to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
anyone know of anyone who can convert LD to DVD? thanks.

pokiemon said:
anyone know of anyone who can convert LD to DVD? thanks.

I sold all my LD's and bought the DVD's. To me it was one easy seamless conversion.

hv to do analogue copying. if u refering to karoake LD, it will be mre tedious.

Some miniDV camcorders had analog to digital conversion function. Connect the LD player video and audio outputs to the camcorder through the analog A/V input and then connect the camcorder to the PC via Firewire. That way you can capture the contents onto your PC and then burn into DVD using some DVD authoring software.

roygoh said:
Some miniDV camcorders had analog to digital conversion function. Connect the LD player video and audio outputs to the camcorder through the analog A/V input and then connect the camcorder to the PC via Firewire. That way you can capture the contents onto your PC and then burn into DVD using some DVD authoring software.
Hmmm. Never thought about doing it this way before. Sure is worth trying.

i would do it the same way i convert VHS to DVD. connect LD to video capture card or tvcard card (analogue) then use DVD authoring s/w to burn to DVD.

I think you will suffer quality loss converting in the ways mentioned. Unless you can capture the source in it's original digital format. I'm no expert on LD, but doesn't it have Dolby Digital audio?

Either way the end result will never compare to buying new DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.